UPESMET 2022 is the mandatory entrance exam for MBA admission 2022 in UPES University Dehradun. The exam is held 2-3 times in a year by UPES University in online mode as well as at test centres. The conduct of centre based test depends on prevailing Covid pandemic situation and Govt guidelines. Key dates for the next UPESMET 2022 are as under:
UPESMET 2022: Important Dates
|Last Date to Apply for UPESMET||March 2, 2022||Submit application online|
|UPESMET Exam Date||March 4 & 5, 2022||Online Test of 2 hours duration|
|Applications through CAT/MAT/XAT/ NMAT||Open||Upto 30% seats shall be filled through CAT/MAT/ XAT/NMAT|
|PI Round||After UPESMET is over||Will offer facility to book your slot with your application number and DoB|
UPES University is a highly-ranked institution of higher education and research located in Dehradun. It is a UGC recognised and NAAC accredited, multi-disciplinary university. The university was set up in the year 2003 under an Act of the Government of Uttrakhand. It is the first public-private university of India. UPES has six schools that offer more than 150 undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate programmes.
The UPES School of Business offers industry-focused specialized graduate, post graduate and doctoral programs in key areas such as Oil and Gas, Energy, Infrastructure, Transportation, Information Technology and also General MBA programmes. The MBA at UPES SoB develops and hones future leaders for diverse high-growth sectors in India and globally.
Check below all about the UPESMET exam, key highlights, MBA programmes offered by UEPS University, Exam pattern, Syllabus, UPES MBA fee, MBA placements and other details to understand the key reasons why you should apply for UPESMET leading to MBA admission at UPES University
Table of Contents
- What is UPESMET
- Why to Consider MBA at UPES University: Key Highlights & USPs
- UPESMET 2022: Key Exam Highlights
- UPESMET 2022: Common Entrance Exam for All MBA Programs
- UPESMET Exam pattern
- UPESMET Exam Syllabus
- UPESMET Registration & Application Process
- UPESMET Eligibility to Apply
- MBA Program Intake at UPES-School of Business
- UPESMET Test Centres
1. What is UPESMET?
- Gateway to General as well as Core Sector MBA programs, UPESMET 2022 is the answer to your MBA needs leading to management programs conducted by UPES University, Dehradun for its UPES School of Business.
- UPESMET 2022 is a common examination for admission to all the MBA programmes offered at UPES School of Business Dehradun.
- UPESMET offers the opportunity to improve your score. The Candidates whose CAT/ XAT/ MAT/CMAT scores do not meet UPES MBA Admission criteria, but they still have minimum 50% marks in Class 10th and Class 12th and in graduation, can seek admission to UPES MBA programs by taking the UPES Management Entrance Test (UPESMET).
- MBA programs at UPES School of Business are specifically designed for the sectors with high growth.
- UPES University conducts its own entrance exam UPESMET for admission to all its MBA programs. The exam is of moderate difficulty level and has a time duration of two hours.
2. Why to Consider MBA at UPES University: Key Highlights & USPs
- 2.1 Highly Ranked: UPES Dehradun is a highly ranked university for management education. It is ranked #46 in MHRD NIRF Rankings 2022 among top 100 Management Institutes. UPES is awarded QS 5 Star Rating for Academic Development, Employability, Facilities and Program Strength
- 2.2 Accreditation and Awards: MBA (Oil & Gas) & MBA (Logistics & Supply Chain) at UPES University have received specialized Accreditation through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE), USA. The University is Accredited with ‘A’ Grade by NAAC and is awarded University of the year (North India) by ASSOCHAM
- 2.3 High Placements: UPES graduates are preferred choice for employers which is reflected in the 97% Placements 2021 from 150 top recruiters with highest salary of Rs.29 LPA. UPES University offers Placement assistance up to 5 years
- 2.4 MBA Curriculum Co-developed with Industry Partners: UPES School of Business has tie-ups with IBM, KPMG, TATA Power, Qlik, HPCL, Aerotech Support Services, BSE among others and offers industry-oriented MBA programs and emphasises on holistic development. Courses are co-developed and co-delivered by industry partners.
- 2.5 IATA Top Performing Authorized Training Centers: Center for Aviation Studies at UPES has been qualified by the International Air Traffic Association (IATA) as a 2019 South Asia Top Performing Authorised Training Centre
- 2.6 International Exchange & Study Abroad Opportunities: UPES University offers 4-week study abroad programme and Semester Exchange. International Internships are also offered. 50% scholarships for PG programmes at Academic Partner Institutes in US, UK, Europe, USA Canada are available for MBA students
- 2.7 Top Industry Experts on Advisory Board: Top Industry experts like Mr. Kamal Bali President & Managing Director, Volvo Group, India; Mr. Aniruddha Khekale Group Director HR, Emerson Process Management; Mr. Maharana Ray Vice President, Probiking, Bajaj Auto Ltd; Mr. Sachin Singla Associate Director & Head Analytics & Mobile Marketing, Make My Trip; Ms. Prajakta Kanaglekar Sr. Director HR, Flipkart are on the Advisory Board of the institute.
- 2.8 World Class Infrastructure: Housed in a sprawling 44-acre campus in the safe and scenic environs of Dehradun, UPES has a world-class academic infrastructure, multimedia-enabled classrooms, modern research labs, playing fields, food courts, hostels and facilities for curricular and extra-curricular activities
3. UPESMET 2022: Key Exam Highlights
Below are shared the UPESMET exam highlights and key features
|UPESMET Conducting Body||UPES University, Dehradun|
|Number of MBA programs under UPESMET Exam||9 MBA Programs|
|Mode of UPESMET 2022||1. Online Centrally Proctored Exam 2. Computer Based Exam at Test Centres (Depends upon Covid situation)|
|UPESMET Full Form||UPES Management Entrance Test|
|UPESMET Score Validity for MBA Admission||One academic session|
|Total Questions in UPESMET||140|
|Sectional Division of UPESMET Exam||4 Sections English, GK, Quantitative Aptitude, Analytical Reasoning|
|UPESMET Time duration||120 minutes|
|UPESMET Difficulty Level||Easy to Moderate, at par with MAT exam|
|Required UPESMET Percentile for MBA admission||70+|
|UPESMET Application process||Online|
4. UPESMET 2022: Common Entrance Exam for All MBA Programs
You can choose from a wide range of MBA programs offered by UPES School of Business. The list below shares the MBA programmes offered at UPES School of Business with intake for each program:
|MBA Programme||Specialisation Offered|
(Choice of specialization after 1st year)
|MBA CORE||Marketing||Artificial intelligence -Digital marketing -Digital transformation -Start your startup -Business analytics -International business -Operations/ Project Management -Financial Analysis and Services – Family Business and Entrepreneurship|
|MBA – Digital Business||Web Design and Development|
|Search Engine Optimization|
|MBA – Business Analytics||Energy Analytics|
|MBA – Oil and Gas||Energy & Petrochemical Business|
|Oil & Gas Business|
|MBA – Power Management||Power Generation & Green Energy|
|Alternative Sources of Energy|
|MBA – International Business||International Business Law & Negotiation|
|Cross Culture Management|
|MBA – Logistics and Supply Chain|
|Logistics Planning / Supply Chain|
|Business Process in Supply Chain|
|MBA – Aviation Management||Airline Service Operations|
|Aviation Enterprise Management|
|MBA in Events, Public Relations and|
|Events, Public Relations,|
5. UPESMET Exam pattern
UPESMET 2022 will consist of multiple choice questions (MCQs). UPESMET is of 2 hours duration and is aimed at testing the applicants’ ability in Quantitative Techniques, Data Interpretation, General Awareness (GK), Analytical Reasoning, Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
5.1 Scheme for UPESMET 2022 Exam
|General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability||35|
|Quantitative: Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency||35|
|General Awareness: General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Business Scenario||35|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||35|
|Total no. of Questions||140|
6. UPESMET Exam Syllabus
UPESMET does not have a defined syllabus for the exam. However following are the major topics to be covered to score high in each section of UPESMET 2022
6.1 General English
General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability section with 35 questions is a comprehensive English test which includes the test of grammar, tenses, vocabulary, jumbled paragraphs, reading comprehension and verbal reasoning. Key topics from which you may expect questions are – usage of Articles, Non-finites, dangling modifiers, Nouns, Pronouns (Especially relative Pronouns), adjectives, adverbs, prepositions –regular and followed, verbs, Syntax, Subject-verb Agreement, Simple, continuous, Perfect tenses and Conditional-unreal past.
UPESMET gives you shorter with 500-600 words and not too difficult Reading Comprehension passages. There is no fix rule on framing the questions based on Reading comprehension passage, which is followed by 3-4 questions each. Questions could be any of following types- ; Questions based on inference drawn; Questions based on the Central idea of the passage; Questions based on phrases, idioms; Questions based on expression in the passage.
Quantitative section comprising Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency has 35 questions and carries equal weightage. Questions in this section are single as well as based on sets. While topics like table and pie chart in data interpretation section will require basic calculation skills, the topics from which most of the questions appear in quant are arithmetic (ratios, mixtures, work, averages, profit & loss, basic statistics etc), number properties, probability and counting principles with one or two odd questions in geometry and derivatives (i.e. maxima –minima).
6.3 General Awareness
General Awareness section comprising General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Business Scenario with 35 questions carries equal weightage in UPESMET exam.
This section can be divided in three parts and each part has to be given due weightage. Conventional GK-available in books; Current GK- based on current reading of newspapers and periodicals; Business & Economics GK -for example changes in Fiscal and monetary policy, CRR, Repo Rate, Devaluation and up valuation of Rupee. Please remember current GK-whether Business, national and international has an on-going preparation method and thorough reading of the newspaper only can keep you updated.
The section covers questions on Who’s who; Constitutional knowledge; Current affairs; business; economics; currency and Capitals of the countries as well as States of India; International Organizations; monetary and fiscal tools among others. Candidates may find questions with photo and emblem identification of personalities, companies among others.
6.4 Analytical & Logical Reasoning
The section is a mix of the topics from arrangements like linear, seating, sequencing & arranging with conditions to coding. The other questions are based on statement-conclusion, logical puzzle, numerical puzzle, Venn Diagram, true/false statements, visual reasoning. The basic preparatory tip for LR is to attempt as many practice exercises as possible. They can be solved with basic human logical instinct.
7. UPESMET Registration and Application Process
UPESMET 2022 registration process is open. You need to apply Online at admission.upes.ac.in with the requisite UPESMET Registration and Application Fee in following four steps:
- Step-1: Fill Personal Details
- Step-2: Make Payment of UPESMET Registration Fee of Rs.1350/- online
- Step-3: Fill Your Academic History in the UPESMET Application Form
- Step-4: Complete Application and Submit
7.2 UPESMET 2022 Registration Fee: Rs.1350/-
Unlike other MBA entrance exams where you need to pay the Exam registration and application fee after completing your Application form, in UPESMET Registration process you need to pay the UPESMET Registration Fees immediately after completing the first step of registration process
8. UPESMET Eligibility to Apply
- The aspirants applying for UPESMET 2022 need to have minimum 50% marks in both Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th and 12th respectively) as well as in graduation from a recognized university.
- MBA aspirants who do not have the minimum score in CAT/XAT or MAT/CMAT should appear for the UPESMET 2022 Online/Centre based exam for admission to a UPES MBA program.
- Application form can be filled online/offline.
9. MBA Program Intake at UPES-School of Business
With the high anticipated growth in next few years in the core sectors, MBA programs at UPES could fulfill the dream of a promising career in specialized MBA domain. UPES offers admission to hundreds of candidates to pursue MBA at its UPES School of Business. The list below shares the Intake for each MBA programme offered at UPES School of Business:
|MBA with specialization in Human Resource/Marketing Management/Finance Management/Operations Management||80|
|MBA (International Business)||30|
|MBA Power Management||30|
|MBA Oil & Gas Management||30|
|MBA Business Analytics||30|
|MBA Digital Business||30|
|MBA Aviation Management||30|
|MBA Logistics and Supply Chain Management||30|
|Events, Public Relations and Corporate Communications||10|
The online UPESMET 2022 exam for admission to the MBA programs in UPES University will be organized in slots. Aspirants can appear in UPESMET from any location – home, office or internet café, all you need is a laptop/desktop with a webcam and an internet connection. Candidates can appear for the online test by logging in with their credentials from their computer connected with a webcam and an internet connection.
- UPESMET Test Centres
Apart from being conducted as online entrance exam from the convenience of applicant’s home, UPESMET is also conducted at test centres. UPESMET at test centres is held in 29 test cities across the country. The conduct of exam at test centres depends upon the Covid pandemic situation. The exam cities are