Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP) 2018 on December 16, 2018 has a separate section of SNAP GK questions comprising 25 total MCQs and Non-MCQs. Out of them 20 questions are of MCQ type with +1 mark for each correct answer and 5 questions with +2 Marks for each correct answer. The section carries a weightage of 20% in the SNAP 2018 exam. Key features of SNAP GK section in SNAP 2018 exam are:
- GK in SNAP carries a weightage of 20 percent in the exam
- SNAP GK questions cover the current affairs of past 2 years
- There is no separate sectional time limit to attempt GK questions in SNAP. The GK questions in SNAP are to be attempted within overall time limit of 2 hours
- GK Section in SNAP has individual cut off
SNAP GK Questions: Key Features
|Type of GK Questions||MCQs||Special questions (Non-MCQ Type)|
|Number of Questions||20||5|
|Marks Awarded for Correct answer||+1||+2|
|Negative Marks for Wrong Answer||-0.25||-0.50|
|Number of Answer Options||4||No Option, Write the answer in the given space|
|Sectional Time Limit||No||No|
|Sectional Cut off||Yes||Yes|
|Ideal Time to Attempt||8 Minutes||5 Minutes|
Important Topics in SNAP GK Section
- SNAP GK topics will cover the current affairs and events that have taken place in last two years in India as well as across the world.
- Since 2017, GK in SNAP has started placing direct GK questions instead of circuitous or very intricate questions.
- Recent current affairs begin the SNAP GK section followed by relatively older events
- Static GK on Constitution, Geography are asked in context to current events
Key topics are:
- Business & Economy
- International Events
- Awards & Honours, Books, Authors,
- Who’s is who – Appointments
- Entertainment, Sports, Politics
- Social Issues
- Miscellaneous GK
SNAP GK Preparation
How to Prepare for SNAP GK is answered by the toppers and experts with the suggestion to prepare the section as per SNAP GK Syllabus. In fact, to prepare GK for SNAP, you should gather the SNAP Exam GK material. It should be noted that good preparation of Current Affairs for SNAP 2018 can lead you through the best Symbiosis Institutes. If you avoid SNAP GK preparation, you may not expect admission in MBA at SIBM Pune, SCMHRD or other top Symbiosis colleges.
SNAP toppers studying in SIBM Pune, SCMHRD and other prominent Symbiosis institutes suggest following five SNAP GK preparation tools:
- Read best GK Book For SNAP
- GK for SNAP material should consist bot static GK as well as Current GK
- Prepare you own SNAP GK Question Bank
- Go through and practice previous year papers with SNAP General Knowledge questions and answers.
- It is important to know the SNAP GK syllabus and past question trends to have clarity on GK preparation
Books for SNAP GK
The most recommended SNAP GK Book for GK preparation is Manorama Year Book to prepare both – Static GK for SNAP and a few months back current affairs.
Besides, The General Knowledge Digest by S.Chand & Company is also a good SNAP GK preparation book. It is also recommended that candidates should read regularly the news papers like ‘The Hindu’, ‘Times of India’, ‘Economic Times’, ‘Financial Express’ to prepare SNAP GK on Business & Economy, Recent current affairs, update the appointments and changes among others.
Creating SNAP GK Question Bank
SNAP General Knowledge Questions and Answers should be a part of your SNAP GK question Bank. You can create the question bank by reading the appropriate GK Study material from the sources like News papers, periodicals and then looking for their answers. Please note that you need to prepare both – National and International GK for last two years.
SNAP GK Previous Question Papers
Previous SNAP GK question papers are a good source of SNAP GK preparation. Below are the SNAP GK previous test questions with answers:
SNAP GK 2015 Questions and Answers
As against other exams, SNAP exam requires to prepare your GK for last two years. Your current Affairs preparation for SNAP should cover all the important topics and events and changes at national and international level which have taken place in last two years. GK for SNAP exam is as important as other sections and cannot be avoided.
Preparation for SNAP GK topics should also include the International current affairs and details about international organizations like ASEAN, TPP, BRICS – basic details about them, the headquarters, the year of establishment. Topics and GK sample questions for SNAP preparation should also include National current developments, Government schemes like UDAN Scheme, Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan, JAM, Demonetisation, GST among others; latest who’s who; achievements; pacts and agreements