Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP) is the mandatory entrance exam for Symbiosis MBA admission 2023. SNAP Exam is conducted on annual basis by Symbiosis International University (SIU), Pune. SNAP 2022 score will be accepted for MBA admission 2023 by 15 Symbiosis Colleges affiliated to SIU. They do not accept CAT or XAT exam score. SNAP 2022 Exam dates are December 10, 18 and 23, 2022. The SNAP 2022 Registration process has started from August 4 and the last date to apply is November 24, 2022.
SNAP score and percentile is used for MBA admission 2023 by all the SNAP score accepting Symbiosis MBA colleges including SIBM Pune, SCMHRD Pune, SIOM Nashik among others. All these Symbiosis MBA colleges will release their individual shortlist one by one. Since 2020, Symbiosis International University is conducting SNAP exam on three different dates in December and January with changed pattern but for SNAP 2022, all the three dates of SNAP exam will be over in December 2022. These 3 SNAP exams will be of one hour duration and are expected to be of moderate difficulty level.
In this article, you will read all about SNAP 2022, its eligibility criteria, SNAP Application process, key points to plan your SNAP 2022 preparation journey, including important SNAP dates, syllabus & pattern, how to prepare, top Symbiosis colleges, past SNAP toppers interviews and much more. You will also find important links to Free SNAP previous questions papers. So, read through till the end.
|SNAP 2022: Table of Contents 1. What is SNAP Exam? 2. SNAP Exam 2022: Highlights 3. SNAP 2022 Important Dates 4. SNAP 2022 Exam Pattern 5. SNAP 2022 Syllabus 6. SNAP 2022 Preparation: How to Prepare for SNAP? 7. SNAP 2022 Eligibility Criteria 8. SNAP 2022 Registration & Application Process 9. Top Colleges accepting SNAP Score for MBA Admission 2023 10. SNAP 2022 Selection Procedure 11. SNAP Test: Salient Features|
- What is SNAP Exam?
Symbiosis National Aptitude Test, popularly known as SNAP, is the MBA Entrance Exam for Admission to 15 Symbiosis Institutes in India. Every year around 1 lakh students from all disciplines including Engineering, Commerce, Humanities and even Law take SNAP Test to get into of the 2,500 MBA seats in Symbiosis colleges. SNAP 2022 will be the 6th computer based exam in the history of Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP) conducted by Symbiosis International University (SIU) Pune. Earlier it was a paper based test.
- SNAP full form is Symbiosis National Aptitude Online Test.
- SNAP is the common, mandatory MBA entrance test for admission to the 15 Symbiosis Institutes affiliated to Symbiosis International University (SIU) Pune.
- The list of SNAP score accepting colleges includes some of the top MBA colleges in the country like Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM) Pune which is highly ranked among top management institutes in India and is ranked #20 in Govt of India, MHRD NIRF Ranking 2021-Management.
- SNAP Exam 2022: Highlights
One of the most important MBA entrance exams – SNAP 2022 has following key highlights:
|Test Conducting Body||Symbiosis International University (SIU) Pune|
|Number of MBA colleges under SNAP||15 Symbiosis Institutes|
|Mode of Exam||Computer Based Online Exam|
|SNAP 2022 Test duration||60 Minutes|
|Application Process||Online; Simultaneously apply for entrance exam and for institute level Programs|
|SNAP Registration & Application Fee||Rs.1950/- (The SNAP registration fee will apply for each exam separately)|
|SNAP Full Form||Symbiosis National Aptitude Test|
|Expected SNAP Cut offs for top Symbiosis Institutes||88 to 97 percentile for SIBM Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune, SCMHRD Pune, SIOM Nashik|
|Total Questions in the Exam||60|
|Sectional Division of Test||3 Sections with different number of Questions in Each Section|
|Difficulty Level||Moderate to Difficult|
|SNAP 2022 Test Cities||90-94|
- SNAP 2022 Important Dates and Schedule
All the SNAP exam details with important changes are made available with the release of SNAP notification. The SNAP 2022 important dates are officially announced by SIU Pune. Following are the SNAP exam dates for registration, admit card and SNAP exam 2022:
|SNAP 2022 Exam Activitiy||SNAP Dates|
|SNAP Notification 2022 Release||August 4, 2022|
|SNAP Registration start date||August 4, 2022|
|Last date to Apply||November 24, 2022|
|SNAP 2022 Exam Registration Fee||Rs.1950/-|
|Last date to Pay Exam Fee||November 24, 2022|
|Symbiosis Institute Programme Registration Fee||Rs.1000/- per programme, per institute|
|SNAP 2022 Admit Card download Starts (On snaptest.org)||SNAP-1: December 5, 2022 (Exam on Dec 10, 2022) SNAP-2: December 10, 2022 (Exam on Dec 18, 2023) SNAP-3: December 10, 2022 (Exam on Dec 23, 2023)|
|Last date for SNAP Admit Card download||Till Exam Date|
|SNAP 2022 Exam Dates, Test Duration and Time||1 hour duration exam: SNAP-1: Dec 10, 2022 (From 2PM to 3PM) SNAP-2: Dec 18, 2022 (From 2 PM to 3 PM) SNAP-3: Dec 23, 2022 (From 2 PM to 3 PM)|
|SNAP 2022 Result date||January 10, 2023|
- SNAP 2022 Exam Pattern: Sections, Question paper
Symbiosis International University (SIU) Pune which conducts SNAP annually. It has released the SNAP pattern 2022. In 2017, SNAP changed its exam format as Computer Based Test from earlier Paper Based Test. The very next year in 2018, SNAP pattern was changed again with introduction of special questions. The SNAP 2019 exam structure was changed again with fewer number of questions. The SNAP Test 2020 structure was changed further due to Covid-19 pandemic to 60 questions and one hour duration exam which is being followed for SNAP 2022 also.
|SNAP Exam Pattern||SNAP 2022||SNAP 2020 & 2021||SNAP 2019||SNAP 2018|
|Total Questions in SNAP Entrance Exam||60||60||110||130|
|Sectional Composition of Questions: (1) General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability (2) Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency (3) Analytical & Logical Reasoning||15 20 25||15 20 25||English-34; QA & DI-35; Reasoning-36; Special Questions-5||English-35; QA & DI-35; Reasoning-35; Current Affairs-25|
|Normal Questions (MCQ Type)||60||60||105||110|
|Special Questions (Non-MCQ Type)||Nil||Nil||5||20|
|Scoring Pattern (Normal Questions)||+1 Mark for Each Correct Answer||+1 Mark for Each Correct Answer||+1 Mark for Each Correct Answer in Quant & Current Affairs sections; +1.5 Marks for English and Reasoning Sections (105 MCQs)||+1 Mark for Each Correct Answer for MCQs|
|Scoring Pattern (Special Questions)||Not applicable||Not applicable||+2 Marks for Each Correct Answer of Special Questions (5 Non MCQs)||+2 Marks for Non MCQs (Special questions)|
|Negative Marking||-25% for each wrong answer||-25% for each wrong answer||-25% for each wrong answer||-25% for each wrong answer|
|Choice of Answer Options (Normal Questions)||4 for Normal Questions only||4 for Normal Questions only||4 for Normal Questions only||4 for all the questions|
|Choice of Answer Options (Special Questions)||Not Applicable||No Choice. Must Write the answer in the given space on computer screen using virtual key board||No Choice. Must Write the answer in the given space on computer screen using virtual key board||No Choice. Must Write the answer in the given space on computer screen using virtual key board|
|Number of Test Cities||86||90+||90||92|
4.1 SNAP Exam Details 2022: Key changes
- Candidate can appear in SNAP 2022 upto 3 times
- Test duration and timing is same for the 3 SNAP exam dates.
- Best of the performance of candidate out of the attempts he/ she has made will be considered for final percentile calculation.
- The candidate have to decide well in advance and latest by the last date to apply, if he/she planned to give SNAP once, twice or three times
4.2 Scoring Pattern:
- +1 mark for each correct answer and ¼ negative marking for each incorrect answer.
- To provide latest updates on SNAP 2022, Symbiosis International University will open free subscription process. You need to fill your name, mobile number, Email and City to get update on SNAP 2022
- Over the years, SNAP has changed its question paper pattern from paper based to computer based. To get a high percentile (90+) requires 3-4 months of serious preparation.
- The difficulty level for the exam is expected to remain same as of last year, despite all the changes in the pattern.
- SNAP Cut off as expected by Experts at MBAUniverse.com, IMS, CL, is between 93 to 96 percentile for SCMHRD Pune and SIBM Pune.
5. SNAP 2022 Syllabus
SNAP Syllabus 2022 covers the sectional test composition, number of questions, type of questions, important topics, scoring pattern in SNAP Test. Those who are preparing as per the revised SNAP Syllabus and pattern of exam stand better chance to score high in SNAP 2022 and get into their preferred Symbiosis institute.
5.1 Composition of SNAP Exam Syllabus 2022
|SNAP Entrance Exam Syllabus – Key Components||SNAP Syllabus 2022|
|Overall Time Limit to Attempt the Exam||1 hour|
|Type of Questions||MCQs|
|Answer Options for MCQs||4|
|Marks Awarded for each Correct Answer||1|
|Negative Marking||25% for each wrong answer|
|Exam Difficulty Level||Moderate|
|Number of Sections||4|
|Section-1: Name and Number of Questions||General English, RC,VR,VA-15 (MCQs) with 1 Mark for each correct answer|
|Section-2: Name and Number of Questions||Analytical & Logical Reasoning-25 (MCQs) with 1 mark for each correct answer|
|Section-3: Name and Number of Questions||Quant, DI, Data Sufficiency-20 with 1 mark for each correct MCQ|
|Section-4: Name and Number of Questions||Current Affairs- Nil|
|Facility to Choose Order of Sections||Yes, any question from any section within overall time limit|
|Individual Sectional Time Limit||No|
SNAP Syllabus 2022 is subdivided into sections and sub-sections. This sectional sub-division in SNAP syllabus makes SNAP 2022 as an exam with more than 5 effective sections as the three sections are further sub- divided into sub-sections. SNAP 2022 exam syllabus is thus based on the past test patterns which contain questions from all these sections.
Section 1: SNAP 2022 Syllabus for General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability
- Section Highlights: This section comprises all the components of English Language and the major parts covered are English Language, Reading Comprehension Passages, Verbal Reasoning and Verbal Ability.
- Number of Questions: 15
- Normal Questions (MCQs): 15
- Special Questions (Non-MCQs): Nil
- Maximum available score: 15 Marks
- Sectional Weightage in SNAP Syllabus: 25%
Important Topics in SNAP 2022 Syllabus:
Reading Comprehension (RC) Passages: 5-6 Questions
- 2 RC Passage followed by 5-6 questions
- RC topics are based on Facts, Opinion, Literature, Current Affairs among others
- The SNAP Syllabus on RC passages does not throw difficult questions
- RC Based questions are directly related to the RC passage contents
Verbal Ability (VA): 5-6 Questions
- Synonyms, Antonyms, Fill in the Blanks
- Idioms, Phrases, Vocabulary usage
- Jumbled Paragraphs
- Correction of Errors in sentences,
- Core Grammar usage – Conditionals, Active Passive, Indirect Narration etc.
Verbal Reasoning: 3-4 Questions
- Critical Reasoning
- Identifying Parts of Speech
Section-2: SNAP Syllabus 2022 for Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation, Data Sufficiency
- Section Highlights: This section syllabus comprises questions on Quantitative Aptitude, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency. Although Questions on Data Interpretation are limited, they sometimes prove lengthier than questions on Quant and consume major part of the time.
- Number of Questions: 20
- Normal Questions (MCQs): 20
- Special Questions (Non-MCQs): Nil
- Maximum available score: 20 Marks
- Sectional Weightage in SNAP Syllabus: 33%
Major Topics in the SNAP 2022 Syllabus are:
Quantitative Ability: 12-14 Questions
- Number System
- Arithmetic – Percentage, Profit-Loss, Interest, Time- Speed-Distance, Averages, Ratio etc.
- Linear Equations; Quadratic Equations
- Binomial Theorem
- Surds and Indices
- Permutation and Combination
- Probability Functions
- Set Theory
- Mixtures and Alligations
- Co-ordinate Geometry
Data Interpretation, Data Sufficiency: 6-8 Questions
- Graphs-Pie Chart
- Bar Graph
Section-3: SNAP Syllabus 2022 for Analytical and Logical Ability
- Section Highlights: This section has highest weightage in percentile calculation in SNAP exam. The question topics include areas like computing, visualization, articulation, and problem solving, topics. The questions may be in the set form or may be individual ones depending upon the shape of the problem.
- Number of Questions: 25
- Normal Questions (MCQs): 25
- Special Questions (Non-MCQs): Nil
- Maximum available score: 25 Marks
- Weightage: 42%
SNAP MBA Syllabus 2022 Topics: SNAP syllabus 2022 contains following important topics in this section
- Family Tree – Blood Relations
- Seating Arrangement
- Direction Sense
- Clocks & Calendars
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Coding – Decoding
- Meaningful Word, Matrix
- Visual reasoning
- Critical Reasoning
- Verbal and Miscellaneous Reasoning
Section-3: SNAP Syllabus for Current Affairs
- Section Highlights: This section is scrapped from SNAP 2022 syllabus. It was present till SNAP exam 2019. Now with shorter duration SNAP exam, SIU Pune has removed the Current Affairs section from SNAP Exam Syllabus and has made it easier for the candidates. Earlier the Current Affairs Syllabus in SNAP was limited to the current affairs of last 2 years.
- Number of Questions: Nil
- Normal Questions (MCQs): Nil
- Special Questions (Non-MCQs): Nil
- Maximum available score: Nil
- Sectional Weightage in SNAP Syllabus 2022: Nil
SNAP Syllabus Topics: The questions asked in this section were based on Economics, finance, national and international current affairs. Major topics covered for this section in SNAP Syllabus are:
- Business & Economics
- Personalities & Awards
- International Events
- Science & Technology
- Missions of the Countries
6. SNAP 2022 Preparation: How to Prepare for SNAP?
SNAP Preparation guide how to start SNAP preparation at home as per the revised exam pattern, is focused on following points:
- Check SNAP Exam Pattern: You must be aware about the Changed SNAP 2022 exam pattern
- Choose the best Books for SNAP preparation
- Plan your SNAP Preparation Time and learn How to prepare for SNAP in 6 months, 3 months or 2 months?
- Understand How to start SNAP preparation at home?
- Make a Choice between How to prepare for SNAP with or without coaching: Pros & Cons
- Learn Strategy to score 95+ percentile in SNAP with Tips from Toppers
6.1 How to start SNAP preparation?
SNAP preparation should be started at home with preparation books and study material. SNAP toppers studying at Symbiosis Pune and SCMHRD advise to start self-preparation at home without being dependent on any coaching. SNAP preparation tips to start SNAP preparation at home are:
- Go through the revised SNAP exam pattern
- Read thoroughly the SNAP syllabus 2022
- Pick out your strong and weak areas in all the four sections
- Gather the best books and preparation material for SNAP preparation
- Improve on your weak areas and monitor the improvement regularly
- Take as many SNAP Mocks during your SNAP 2022 preparation and do the analysis of each Mock. Without analysis of Mock, attempting a mock test may not be useful.
- If you are weak in VARC, reading different articles and novels, conversing in English with friends and even watching English TV series and movies will be helpful.
- Write down whatever new words you encounter after reading at least 5-6 newspaper articles every day
- Data Interpretation (DI) is considered a bit more time consuming. Start practicing on DI questions. Use approximation techniques for quick calculations.
6.2 SNAP Exam Preparation Books
A few of the best books for SNAP recommended by toppers to prepare for SNAP 2022 are:
6.2.1 SNAP Exam Preparation Books for English Section: VARC
- How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT’- by Arun Sharma & Meenakshi Upadhyay
- ‘Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for the CAT’ – by Nishit K Sinha
- Latest RC Passages and practice questions provided by Study centres like TIME, CL among others
- Editorial and short articles published in English news papers
- ‘Word Power Made Easy’ – by Norman Lewis
- ‘High School English Grammar & Composition’ – by Wren & Martin
- Regularly solve the Verbal Ability questions from your study material especially on Para summary, Jumbled Paragraphs
- There is also number of SNAP preparation books PDF free download available online for SNAP 2022 aspirants
- Use the study material of best online coaching for SNAP 2022
6.2.2 SNAP Exam Preparation Books for Quant and DI
- ‘How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for CAT’ – by Arun Sharma (Published by McGraw Hill)
- ‘How to prepare for Quantitative for the CAT’ – by Arun Sharma, published by MGH Education
- ‘Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT’ – by Nishit K.Sinha, Published by Pearson
- ‘The Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude for competitive exams’
- Quant study modules by TIME, CL, IMS
6.2.3 SNAP Exam Preparation Books for Reasoning
- ‘Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for the CAT’ – by Nishit K Sinha (Published by Pearson)
- ‘How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT’ – by Arun Sharma (Published by McGraw Hill)
7. SNAP 2022 Eligibility Criteria
SNAP 2022 Eligibility criteria comprise two major SNAP Exam Eligibility requirements. The first part in the SNAP Eligibility criteria is the SNAP exam eligibility to appear in SNAP 2022 entrance exam and the second part of SNAP 2022 Eligibility is the post SNAP exam eligibility with cut offs as required by each of the 15 Symbiosis colleges for MBA admission. The Symbiosis International University (SIU), Pune announces the SNAP 2022 Eligibility Criteria as well as the eligibility criteria to apply for admission in each of the 15 Symbiosis Institutes.
8. SNAP 2022 Registration & Application Process
You can register online on the official SNAP 2022 Exam website and can pay the exam fee of Rs.1950/- online or by DD. The SNAP exam fee includes the fee for exam application form and for registration.
8.1 Step by Step SNAP 2022 Registration Process
Registration and Application form for SNAP 2022 can be filled up in four steps:
- Step-1: Register as New User & Fill in Personal Details
- Step-2: Make Payment of Rs.1950/- online (For one Exam. For 3 SNAP exams fee is Rs.5850/-)
- Step-3: Register for MBA programmes of preferred Symbiosis Institutes
- Step-4: Make Payment for Symbiosis MBA Programmes Application Fee
9. Top Colleges accepting SNAP Score for MBA Admission 2023
15 Symbiosis MBA colleges in India accept SNAP score 2022 for MBA admission 2023. All the MBA colleges in India accepting the SNAP test score are affiliated to Symbiosis International University, Pune. These Symbiosis institutes offer SIU University MBA degree in different streams. The SNAP cut offs in the MBA colleges will vary from institute to institute. Apart from the overall SNAP cut offs, the SNAP accepting colleges also consider sectional SNAP cut offs in shortlisting the candidates. Following are the MBA colleges accepting SNAP score:
|Sl No.||SNAP Accepting MBA college & City|
|1||SIBM (Symbiosis Institute of Business Management), Pune|
|2||SCMHRD (Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development) Pune|
|3||SIIB (Symbiosis Institute of International Business), Pune|
|4||SIBM (Symbiosis Institute of Business Management) Bangalore|
|5||Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management (SIOM) Nashik|
|6||SICSR (Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research) Pune|
|7||SIDTM (Symbiosis Institute of Digital Telecom Management), Pune|
|8||SIMS (Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies), Pune|
|9||SIMC (Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication) Pune|
|10||SCIT (Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology), Pune|
|11||SIHS (Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences) Pune|
|12||SSBF (Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance), Pune|
|13||SSSS (Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences), Pune|
|14||SIBM (Symbiosis Institute of Business Management), Hyderabad|
|15||SIBM (Symbiosis Institute Of Business Management), Nagpur|