If you are looking for Online MBA courses, there are a few institutes that offer good value for your time and effort. This article by MBAUniverse.com experts will help you decide which are the Best Online Learning MBA programs, their key features, Online MBA Colleges Fees and how to select the Best Online Learning MBA
The top Management Institutions and University offer Online MBA in India, duly approved by the statutory authority. Such Online MBA Learning programmes require a minimum National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) score also.
Why should You Study MBA Online? Advantages of MBA Online Education
Key advantages of pursuing the MBA Online Education attract freshers as well as working professionals to study MBA Online at low fee and without wasting time on commuting. Below are the advantages of pursuing Online MBA education
- Well Suited for Working Professionals: MBA Online Education offers flexibility of time and place over regular MBA and is suitable for working professionals, who do not find time to do full time MBA
- Online MBA Fee is much Lower than Regular MBA Program: The Fee for regular MBA is 7 to 10 times more than the Fee charged for online program
- Syllabus at Par with Regular MBA: There is almost no difference between the syllabus and curriculum for MBA Online which is at par with Regular MBA and same topics are taught by the same faculty with case studies, projects through online platform
- Recognized by Regulatory Bodies: MBA Online Education program is a recognized MBA degree programme by UGC
Top Global Online MBA Programs
As per the Financial Times Online MBA Ranking 2022, following are the top ten MBA colleges which offer MBA Learning Online across the Globe
|FT Rank 2022||College Name||Programme name||Average Tuition Fees|
|1||Warwick Business School||Warwick MBA by Distance Learning||£35,045|
|2||Imperial College Business School||Global Online MBA||£41,350|
|3||IE Business School||Global Online MBA||€ 50,000|
|4||University of North Carolina: Kenan-Flagler||MBA@UNC||$125,589|
|5||University of Florida: Warrington||Online MBA||$55,647|
|6||Politecnico di Milano School of Management||International Flex MBA||€ 37,000|
|7||Durham University Business School||Online MBA||£24,000|
|8||AGSM at UNSW Business School||AGSM MBAX||A$59,760|
|9||University of Nebraska-Lincoln||MBA@Nebraska||$31,200|
|10||University of Bradford School of Management||MBA Distance Learning||£18,753|
Top Online MBA in India
Before going deep into the Online MBA courses, let us know which are the Top Online MBA colleges in India. MBAUniverse.com experts have analyzed over hundred Online MBA colleges and programs and have selected the best Onkine MBA University and Colleges in India. Here is our list:
|Institute offering Online MBA||Online MBA program offered||Program Duration||Online MBA Fee (In Rupees)|
|Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)||MBA||2 Years||Rs.37,800|
|NMIMS Global Access School for Continuing Education, Mumbai||MBA in 10 Areas like Marketing, IT, Finance, HR & Others- Check details below||2 Years||Rs.1,44,000|
|Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning (SCDL), Pune||Online MBA in 16 Areas like IB, Supply Chain, Data Science, Marketing & Others- Check in detail below||2 Years||Rs. 50,000|
|IMT-Centre for Distance Learning (IMT-CDL) Ghaziabad||Online PGDM||2 Years||Rs.1,11,000|
|Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai||Online PGDM||2 Years||—|
|Welingkar Institute of Management (We School) Mumbai||Online PGDM in 18 Areas like E-Business, Travel & Tourism, Marketing, Retail, Agri-Business, HCM & Others-Check in detail below||2 Years||Rs.1,01,000|
|Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida||MBA Online||2 Years||Rs.4,00,000|
|Online Manipal: Manipal University Jaipur||MBA Online||2 Years||Rs.1,50,000|
Let us know in detail about what exactly is MBA Online Education, how it differs from distance MBA, what are the key criteria of Online MBA eligibility, which are the MBA Programs offered under Online MBA Education by the top MBA colleges, admission process and more
Table of Contents
- What is Online MBA? Online Vs Distance MBA
- Online MBA Eligibility Criteria
- Online MBA Admission Process
- Online MBA Curriculum & Syllabus
- IGNOU Online MBA
- NMIMS Online MBA
- IMT Distance Learning Online MBA by IMTCDL, Ghaziabad
- Symbiosis Distance Learning MBA by SCDL
- Welingkar Online MBA
- Shiv Nadar University Online MBA
- Online MBA from IIM
- Benefits of doing Online MBA
- What is Online MBA? Online Vs Distance MBA
Online MBA course is a flexible and affordable Government recognized MBA program which does not require you to attend regular daily classes. So, if you are unable to pursue full time MBA for lack of time or due to high cost, Online MBA Education is a good option. The Top Online MBA colleges in India offer MBA in Online mode and classes are conducted on virtual platform. Best Online MBA colleges have a few common features like Recognition by UGC, good Brand name, Updated curriculum and affordable fee.
- Online Vs Distance MBA: Know the key facts
Key difference between Online and distance MBA is that the pedagogy of the online programmes is completely in virtual mode. On the other hand, while a large part of the curriculum of Distance MBA is offered online,still there are certain parts which are conducted in physical or offline mode.
- Online MBA Eligibility Criteria
The MBA Eligibility for admission is as per the UGC/AICTE norms:
- Graduate Degree in any Stream: Some Online Learning MBA Universities and Institutes like IGNOU/NMIMS require minimum 50% marks in Graduation while few others like Welingkar need graduation from a recognized university
- There is no age bar to pursue the MBA through Online mode
- Work experience is not mandatory. Fresh graduates can also apply for MBA admission
- A valid score in any of MBA entrance exam like State Level CET/ MAT/ CMAT/ CAT/ ATMA/ XAT or equivalent management entrance test is accepted for admission.
- Some colleges may conduct their own entrance test if you don’t have any other test score for Online MBA admission
- Online MBA Admission Process
Online MBA Admission process is simple and is more based on direct MBA admission process. The step by step Admission process is as follows:
- Step-1: Check Your Eligibility for the institute and the program
- Step-2: Apply for the program with requisite application fee
- Step-3: Upload required documents like Certificates/Degree/ID proof, Work Ex certificate and other required documents
- Step-4: Check your admission status and Pay Fees
- Step-5: Get Seat Confirmation
- Online MBA Curriculum & Syllabus
Online MBA Curriculum and syllabus is on the same lines as that of regular MBA. The online program offers same high rigor with case studies, case presentation, internship, virtual class room study among others.
The courses and subjects of specialization in Online program are similar to regular MBA and are much more as offered by many top online MBA colleges. Some of the electives and subjects in MBA syllabus as offered by NMIMS, Shiv Nadar, Welingkar, IMT, Symbiosis are detailed below
- IGNOU MBA: Online Program
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) School of Management Studies started its operation in 1987. IGNOU offers MBA in online mode along with a wide range of other courses. Online MBA at IGNOU is a 2 year programme, duly approved by UGC and AICTE. IGNOU follows a system of course-wise registration in its Management Programme. The Open University System is more learner-oriented and the learner is an active participant in the teaching-learning process. Most of the instruction is imparted Online, rather than face-to-face communication. The University follows a multi-media approach for instruction.
IGNOU follows a modular approach in its program offerings. For example, if a student takes admission into IGNOU MBA and for some reason, is not able to complete all the courses he/she is provided with exit point. If s/he completes five (5) courses in a particular specialization alongwith one (1) compulsory basic course s/he would be awarded Post Graduate Diploma in that particular MBA specialization
- IGNOU Online MBA Program Duration
Minimum Duration to complete the IGNOU MBA is 2 Years and Maximum Duration to complete the program is 5 Years
- IGNOU Online MBA Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for admission to IGNOU MBA is as per the AICTE norms as below:
- Any graduate (Including Chartered Accountancy/Cost Accountancy/Company Secretaryship) with 50% marks for general category/45% for reserved category as per government of India rules.
- Student should ensure that his/her CGPA should meet the eligibility percentage requirement.
- Clearance of OPENMAT entrance test of IGNOU conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA)
- No age bar
- IGNOU Online MBA Courses
- IGNOU MBA Online Program consists of 21 courses in all. These courses comprise of:
- All the courses from MS-1 to MS-09 and MS-11
- Five courses from anyone of the specialization stream
- Compulsory Courses (MS-10, MS-91, MS-95) and any one elective course out of MS-92/93/94/96/97
- Project Course (MS-100) equivalent to 2 courses
- IGNOU Online MBA Fees
- There are 21 courses in IGNOU Online MBA program
- The fees for each course is Rs. 1800/-
- Total IGNOU Online MBA Fees is Rs. 37800
- NMIMS Online Learning MBA
NMIMS Global Access School for Continuing Education (NGA -SCE), a branch of NMIMS University, is amongst the top players in the Online Education field. NMIMS offers 2 year Online MBA in various functional specializations of Management, such as Human Resource, Retail, Finance, Banking, Supply Chain among others.
- NMIMS NGA-SCE Online Learning MBA: Highlights
- Fast growing distance learning institute with an innovative blend of investment in technology, value-added services to students.
- Collaborations with leading organizations including American Express, Cipla, Bajaj Finserv, Jet Airways, Vodafone, Eureka Forbes, IBM and many others.
- Over 200 faculty members comprising of highly qualified academicians and industry professionals.
- NMIMS Online MBA Programs
NMIMS offers wide range of MBA programs online. Some of the programs offered by NMIMS Global Access School for Continuing Education are:
|NMIMS MBA Online Courses||Duration (Year)||NMIMS Fee (In Rs.)|
|MBA – Information Technology and Systems Management||2 Years||Rs.144,000|
|MBA – Retail Management||2 Years||Rs. 144,000|
|MBA – Supply Chain Management||2 Years||Rs. 144,000|
|MBA – Marketing Management||2 Years||Rs. 144,000|
- IMT Distance Learning MBA Online by IMTCDL, Ghaziabad
IMT Ghaziabad with campuses at Nagpur, Hyderabad, Dubai is one of the prominent management institutes in India. IMT-Centre for Distance Learning (IMT-CDL) is a sister institution of IMT Ghaziabad. IMT CDL offers a wide range of management and information technology programmes. The institute updates its curriculum on a regular basis to be in pace with the fast moving educational world.
- IMT Online MBA Highlights
- IMT CDL offers comprehensive education technology platforms such as LEAD, Expert Connect, and Action Case Studies etc.
- IMT CDL offers insightful leaning videos and mock tests developed by some the world’s best known authors.
- IMT CDL MBA Programs
IMT CDL offers following MBA Programs Online
|IMT CDL MBA Program||Duration (Year)||IMT CDL Online MBA Fee (In Rs.)|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)||2 Years||Rs.1,11,000|
- Symbiosis Distance Learning MBA by SCDL
Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning (SCDL) is located in Pune and is part of Symbiosis International University. SCDL offers a wide range of Online learning MBA programs across various industry sectors including International Business, Information Technology, Banking and Finance, Supply Chain, Customer Relationship, Insurance, Education, Business and Corporate Law and Entrepreneurship.
- Symbiosis SCDL MBA Highlights
- One of the largest autonomous distance learning education institutes in India.
- Industry collaborations with leading organizations including IBM, Cognizant, Infosys, Ranbaxy, Collabera, Aditya Birla, Wall-mart, Vodafone and others.
- Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning also offers placement assistance to the students.
- Symbiosis SCDL MBA Programs
Symbiosis Center for Distance Learning offers wide range of 2 years as well as 1 year MBA programs online. Some of the programs are detailed below.
|Symbiosis SCDL Online MBA Courses Offered||Duration||SCDL Online MBA Fees|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration||2 Years||Rs. 50,000|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Financial Services||2 Years||Rs. 50,000|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management||2 Years||Rs. 50,000|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Personnel and Human Resource Management||2 Years||Rs. 50,000|
|Post Graduate Diploma in International Business||2 Years||Rs. 50,000|
- Welingkar Online Learning PGDM
Prin. L.N. Welingkar Institute of Mangement Development and Research, a leading B-school in Mumbai, was established in 1977. Welingkar has two campuses in Mumbai and Bengaluru. Welingkar was ranked #72 among top B-schools in National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) 2021 conducted by Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India.
- Welingkar Online PGDM Highlights
- Apart from a wide range of full time PGDM programs, Welingkar offers 18 specialized Online PGDM programs
- Candidates can take tests conducted by Welingkar to find out the best suited Online PGDM program for their career goals.
- Welingkar Online PGDM curriculum is divided in four semesters
- Online PGDM is offered with virtual class room, online learning, eLearning toolkit, physical course material, e books, experiential learning, online video library, contact programs, industry visits, online guest lectures
- Welingkar Online PGDM Programs
Welingkar offers wide range of two year Online PGDM programs in 18 key areas of management. Some of the programs are listed below:
|Welingkar Online PGDM Courses||Duration||Welingkar Online PGDM Fee (In Rs.)|
|MARKETING MANAGEMENT PGDM-MM-HB||2 Years||Rs. 1,01,000|
|FINANCE MANAGEMENT PGDM-FM-HB||2 Years||Rs. 1,01,000|
|HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT PGDM-HRM-HB||2 Years||Rs. 1,01,000|
|RETAIL MANAGEMENT PGDM-RM-HB||2 Years||Rs. 1,01,000|
|OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT PGDM-OM-HB||2 Years||Rs. 1,01,000|
- Shiv Nadar University MBA (Online)
Recognized as an Institute of Eminence (IoE), by Government of India, Shiv Nadar University School of Management and Entrepreneurship offers 2 years online MBA. The Founder & Chairman of HCL, and Founder & Chairman of Shiv Nadar Foundation, Padma Bhushan Shiv Nadar founded Shiv Nadar University in 2011 with a vision to create a world renowned institution for multidisciplinary education, embedded in innovation and research.
- Shiv Nadar University (Online) MBA Highlights
- MBA Degree with Future Ready Specialization
- Learning from world-class faculty of Shiv Nadar University & industry leaders
- Opportunity to Work on capstone project with practical industry experience to guide you through project roadblocks
- 6200+ Industry Hiring Partners, opportunity for career mentorship
- Over 1000 learning hours using the platform powered by Great Learning.
- The MBA Online will be delivered through a mix of live, interactive and recorded classes by world-class faculty and industry experts involving discussions, peer to peer learning and hands-on learning.
- All learning material including case studies, reading material, videos, quizzes, projects etc. will all be available on the online Learning Management System (LMS)
- Shiv Nadar Online MBA Program is highly suitable for fresh and young graduates looking to acquire business acumen and skills to launch their careers; New managers keen to build the skills necessary to lead teams and grow their business; Professionals and entrepreneurs looking for a flexible, convenient, world-class MBA program from an Institution of Eminence as recognized by the Govt. of India
- Shiv Nadar University Online MBA Programs
Below are shared the MBA programs offered Online by Shiv Nadar University School of Management and Entrepreneurship with duration, specializations and fees
|Shiv Nadar University MBA Program Name||Duration||Shiv Nadar University Fees (In Rs.)|
|MBA (Online)||2 Years||Rs.4,00,000|
- Shiv Nadar University MBA (Online) Program: Specializations Offered
Shiv Nadar University students in MBA (Online) program have the opportunity to pursue electives with a specialized focus in the second year. However, the MBA degree on completing the MBA (Online) will state the program as a degree of Master of Business Administration. There are 4 areas of specialization offered in SME-Shiv Nadar Universtiy MBA (Online) program as below:
- Data Science & Analytics
- Digital Finance
- Human Resources
- Shiv Nadar University Admission Process
Shiv Nadar University-SME MBA (Online) Admission process is slightly different from the regular distance MBA admission process as followed by other institutes. Key differentiating steps in Shiv Nadar University MBA admission process are given below:
- Step 1: Register & fill online application form & Provide basic information and professional details. Graduates with professional working experience will be preferred.
- Step 2: While the minimum eligibility is 50% marks in graduation, the applicants with 60% and above in graduation will go through a screening call by Admission Director’s Office while candidates with less than 60% will be tested for their aptitude and analytical skills, followed by a screening call by Admission Director’s Office
- Step 3: If selected, you will receive a ‘Provisional Offer of Admission’ letter. Secure your
11. Online MBA from IIM
At present there is no program like online MBA from IIM. However, IIMs offer customized part time MBA Online which are very short term or certificate programs. However, many IIMs are taking steps in direction of offering MBA Online. For example, IIM Bangalore has started offering open online courses (MOOCs) through its digital learning initiative, IIMBx, in partnership with edX – a not-for-profit online initiative of Harvard and MIT. Apart from edX, the programme offers courses on its own platform, IIMBx, and SWAYAM. For the online courses IIM Bangalore uses digital learning tools to enable anytime, anywhere learning in a global classroom. In next few years it is likely that Online MBA from IIMs may be offered.
- Key Benefits of doing MBA Online
If you are still having doubts, check below the key benefits and advantages that Online MBA Programs offer to students and working professionals:
- 12.1 Effective Time Management: Online program offers flexibility of time and pace over regular MBA. It is well suited for people, who due to time, money or other constraints cannot afford to do full time MBA.
- 12.2 Power of education technology, direct to your home: MBA education Online has greatly benefited from the rise of communication and education technology. Even premier Universities and B-schools such as MIT and Harvard Business School use education technology to deliver programs across the world. Further, MOOCs and platforms such as Coursera, Edex and Udacity have removed the stigma associated with online education.
- 12.3 Cost effective Option: One of the biggest advantages of the doing MBA program online is its low fee structure. While a regular MBA can cost you anywhere in between 15-25 Lakhs, good Online MBA Program fee ranges from Rs 50,000 to Rs 1.5 lakhs.
- 12.4 Syllabus: Online MBA syllabus and curriculum is more or less same as that of regular class room MBA. Students are taught same topics with case studies in various MBA subjects .
- 12.5 Industry relevant curriculum: Institutes offering best Online MBA in India like NMIMS University, Symbiosis Center for Distance Learning and IMT CDL are well aware of changing business environment and hence offer an updated and industry relevant curriculum to the students.
- 12.6 Online MBA Course Specializations: The course specializations are offered in important management areas like Marketing, HR, Finance, Operations, E Commerce, Healthcare, International Business, Retail Management, Entrepreneurship among others
- 12.7 Online MBA Scope: A working professional gets MBA/PGDM degree from top management institute without quitting the job. Another key aspect of the Online MBA scope is that your MBA degree is duly recognized and will be accepted in your career growth
- 12.8 Online MBA Recognized by Regulatory Bodies: Online MBA offered by recognized MBA colleges are approved by UGC. You can check about the status of approval of any MBA program Online by visiting the UGC website.