MAT Sept 2022 Exam is conducted in three testing modes and the September MAT 2022 exam dates are from August 28 to September 18, 2022. The MAT September 2022 Registration process is open for CBT and IBT MAT exams. The last date to apply is September 13 for IBT MAT, and the last date for CBT MAT closes on September 12. AIMA has closed the last date to apply for PBT MAT on August 29.
AIMA is closing the last date to register and apply for September MAT 2022 exam on September 13. There are about 400 MAT score accepting colleges in India. These institutes also include 330+ MBA colleges of Maharashtra. Registration process for September MAT 2022 has started. As against earlier two CBT and PBT MAT exams, AIMA has conducted one PBT MAT on Sep 4, and is conducting one CBT MAT on September 18 and ten IBT mode MAT exams on 5 days from August 28 to September 17, 2022. Check key details below
Management Aptitude Test popularly known as MAT Exam is one of the most popular National level MBA entrance exams in India. More than 400 MBA/PGDM Colleges are accepting MAT Sep exam 2022 Scores for MBA/PGDM Admission 2022 and 2023.
This comprehensive article prepared by MBAUniverse.com Exam Experts will give you complete information about MAT Sep Exam 2022, its testing modes, Options available for you to apply for different types of MAT 2022 exam, Syllabus, Exam dates, How to Prepare for MAT, College Accepting MAT and a lot more. So, read this article carefully before applying for the exam.
MAT IBT Mode Exam: From August 28 to September 17, 2022
MAT IBT Exam 2022 is scheduled in a longer testing window. IBT MAT exam dates are from Aug 28 to Sep 17, 2022. The exam will be held on 5 days with two separate sessions on each day. Accordingly, there are different closing dates for AIMA MAT Sep 2022 IBT Mode Registrations for each MAT IBT Exam. Check Detailed Schedule below
CBT MAT Sep Exam 2022: Only One Exam on Sep 18
Unlike earlier MAT 2022 exams held in Feb and May which had two CBT exams, AIMA has scheduled one MAT 2022 exam in computer based testing mode at exam centres on Sept 18. The exam is conducted in a single session and remains of moderate difficulty level.
PBT MAT Sep Exam 2022: Only One Exam on Sep 4, 2022
AIMA has scheduled one MAT 2022 Sep exam in paper based mode on September 4, 2022. Earlier there were two PBT MAT exams for Feb and May 2022. The PBT MAT exam is conducted in a single session from 10 AM to 12.30 PM and remains of moderate difficulty level.
A candidate can apply for one or two MAT 2022 exam by paying requisite registration fee. The application fee to apply for one MAT 2022 exam is Rs.1850/- and for two MAT 2022 exams the application fee is Rs.2975/-. Check all details below
September MAT Exam Date 2022: Last Dates to Apply; Admit Card download; Testing Dates
MAT 2022 Sep exam schedule has been released by AIMA. The MAT Sep Exam Dates 2022, registration dates, and dates for application submission, release of Admit card are as under:
|MAT Exam Date 2022||Dates & Schedule for MAT Paper Based Test||Dates for MAT Computer Based test||MAT IBT Exam Dates & Schedule|
|MAT Sep 2022 last date to apply||PBT: Aug 29, 2022||CBT: Sep 12, 2022||In different phases – Aug 24 to Sep 13, 2022|
|Admit card Download start date||PBT: Aug 30, 2022||CBT: Sep 13, 2022||In different phases from Aug 25 to Sep 14, 2022|
|Last Date for Admit Card download||PBT: Sep 4, 2022||CBT: Sep 18, 2022||Aug 28 to Sep 17, 2022|
|Exam Date||PBT: Sep 4, 2022||CBT: Sep 18, 2022||Aug 28, Sep 3, 10, 11, 17, 2022 (2 Slots each day)|
|Result Date||Sep 30, 2022||Sep 30, 2022||Sep 30, 2022|
|Score Card Download Starts||Sep 30, 2022||Sep 30, 2022||Sep 30, 2022|
|Last date to download Score Card||Available for one year||Available for one year||Available for one year|
MAT 2022 Sep Exam: Testing Modes & Key Difference
AIMA is conducting Sep MAT 2022 in three testing modes as under:
- Remote Proctored Internet Based Test (IBT): You can appear in IBT MAT from your Home
- Paper Based Test (PBT): Paper Pen based MAT 2022 exam is conducted at test centres
- Computer Based Test (CBT): Computer Based MAT 2022 exam is conducted at test centres
CBT for Sep MAT 2022
For September MAT 2022, AIMA will conduct One Computer Based Tests (CBTs) which is conducted at test centres
Sep MAT 2022 Exam: Test Taking Options
You can take one or more than one type of MAT September 2022 Exams in different modes. Following combinations are offered by AIMA to appear in different testing modes:
- IBT Testing Options: Appear in one or two IBT Sept MAT Exams
- One Remote Proctored MAT Internet Based Test (MAT IBT) or
- Two Remote Proctored MAT Internet Based Test (MAT IBT)
2. PBT + IBT Testing Options: Can choose one or a Combination of PBT+IBT
- Paper Based Test (PBT) or
- Paper Based Test and MAT Remote Proctored Internet Based Test (PBT + IBT)
3. PBT + CBT Testing Options: Can choose one PBT and one CBT
- One Paper Based Test, and
- One Computer Based Test (PBT + CBT)
- CBT Testing Options: Choose One CBT MAT and One IBT
- One Computer Based Test (CBT) and one Remote Proctored Internet Based Test (CBT+IBT)
IBT, CBT or PBT Testing Mode? Which is better option…
MBA Exam experts and past MAT toppers suggest the candidates to opt for IBT Mode due to the uncertainty in Paper based and computer based exams at the test centres. In the current situation, IBT from their home is the best option after complying with the AIMA norms. The difficulty level in IBT exam is similar to PBT and CBT mode of exam.
How to Choose the Best MAT 2022 Testing Mode?
Making a choice among IBT or Paper Based or computer based tests depends upon various factors – your familiarity and preference for Internet based, computer based or Paper based test solving skills among others.
If you have good understanding – how to take and appear in computer based tests, navigation tools, scrolling of questions, choosing the answers and marking them and find that test taking is easier in computer based test, you could go for IBT or CBT mode.
If you are in remote area, do not have good internet connection, are not well conversant with computers, internet technology, have confusion in navigation tools, it is better to go for paper based exam..
MAT 2022 September Exam: Easy MBA Entrance Test of 150 Minutes
MAT is an easier exam as compared to other MBA entrance exams like CAT, XAT, CMAT and others. The test paper has a time duration of 2½ hours. It has 200 objective type questions in MCQs format and the Question difficulty level is easy to moderate. The test paper is divided in 5 sections with 40 questions in each section. The sections are Language Comprehension, Mathematical skills, Data Analysis and Sufficiency, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning, Indian and Global Environment.
MAT 2022 September Exam Registration Fee for 1 or More than 1 MAT exams
- Candidate can opt for 2 MAT Exams to improve score by paying an extra fees of Rs.1125/- in addition to Rs.1850/- for one MAT exam.
- Candidates opting for 2 MAT exams will have the benefit of selecting additional 2 Management Institutes for sending their scores in addition to existing option of selecting 5 Management Institutes i.e. they can select 7 Management Institutes in total.
- Register online with Credit Card/Debit Card (ATM Card), Net Banking, UPI and Paytm wallet. The fees details are given as below:
|One MAT Exam 2022 For Remote Proctored Internet Based Test (IBT)or Paper Based Test (PBT)or Computer Based Test (CBT)||Rs. 1850/-|
|Two MAT Exam 2022 For 2 Remote Proctored Internet Based Test (IBT) ExamsFor PBT+IBTFor PBT+CBTFor CBT+PBT or CBT+IBT||Rs. 2975/-|
You can download Sep MAT 2022 exam admit card from AIMA MAT website till the exam day. MAT 2022 September Exam date is scheduled in CBT, IBT and PBT Mode. The Internet Based (IBT) Mode exam can be taken from the comfort of your home while CBT and PBT exams can be taken at designated test centres.MAT 2022 exams offer good opportunity to explore MBA admission.
While MAT September 2022 Internet Based Mode (IBT) Mode exam will be conducted in longer testing window, the CBT and PBT exams will be conducted in a single session on each day on different dates. The Last dates for AIMA MAT Sep 2022 IBT Mode Registrations are different for each IBT exam, while for CBT and PBT exams the last date to apply closes a few days before the exam date.
MAT 2022 IBT Mode: Important Guidelines and Benefits
MAT IBT mode is the new type of exam which you can take from your home. You can opt for 2 IBT 2022 Sep MAT tests by paying an extra MAT Registration fees of Rs.1125/- in addition to Rs.1850/- for one test.
- If you are opting for one IBT MAT 2022, you can select 5 management institutes where your scores will be sent free for admission
- If you are opting for 2 IBT MAT 2022 exams, you will have the benefit of selecting additional 2 Management Institutes for sending your scores in addition to existing option of selecting 5 Management Institutes. It means you can select 7 Management Institutes in total
The MAT IBT exam is scheduled in morning and evening time slots on each exam date. There is facility to appear in one IBT mode exam or two IBT Mode MAT tests with extra registration fee of Rs.1125/-.
MAT May 2022: IBT, CBT and PBT Registration
Fresh registrations for IBT, CBT and PBT Mode MAT Sep 2022 exams are open on AIMA MAT website. The dates for MAT Registrations will remain open till few days before the each exam date. Read below all the important details about IBT Exam, CBT Exam and PBT MAT exams
To avoid any untoward incident due to Covid-19 pandemic, AIMA has introduced Remote Proctored Internet Based Test (MAT IBT) 2022 exam, apart from the regular Paper based and computer based exam. Candidates can appear in the IBT mode exam from the convenience of their home instead of going to an exam centre for CBT exam, while PBT remains centre based exam.
AIMA MAT 2022 Internet Based Mode (IBT) Mode: Test Schedule
AIMA is conducting IBT Sep MAT 2022 in more than one week long testing window. The complete schedule for the September IBT MAT test is as below:
Important Dates for Sep IBT Exam 2022
September 2022 IBT Mode Exam is scheduled in morning and evening time slots. MAT IBT exam Schedule with all important dates for Sep 2022 Internet Based Mode (IBT Mode) exam is shared below:
|IBT MAT Exam Date||Test Slots||Last Date for Registration||Issue of Admit Card|
|28 Aug 2022||10.00 am to 12.30 pm|
4.00 pm to 6.30 pm
|24 Aug 2022||25 Aug 2022|
|03 Sep 2022||10.00 am to 12.30 pm|
4.00 pm to 6.30 pm
|31 Aug 2022||01 Sep 2022|
|10 Sep 2022||10.00 am to 12.30 pm|
4.00 pm to 6.30 pm
|06 Sep 2022||07 Sep 2022|
|11 Sep 2022||10.00 am to 12.30 pm|
4.00 pm to 6.30 pm
|07 Sep 2022||08 Sep 2022|
|17 Sep 2022||10.00 am to 12.30 pm|
4.00 pm to 6.30 pm
|13 Sep 2022||14 Sep 2022|
MAT 2022 Computer Based Test (CBT) Sep Exam
AIMA is conducting Computer Based exam for Sep MAT 2022 at test centres. The candidates can appear in CBT mode MAT exam at test center only.
Sep MAT 2022 CBT Exam Schedule
|Last Date for CBT Online Registration||12 Sep 2022|
|Availability of CBT Admit Card||13 Sep 2022 (1600 Hrs)|
|CBT-1 Test Date||18 Sep 2022|
MAT 2022 Paper Based Test (PBT) Sep Exam
There is one Paper Based MAT exam in September 2022. The PBT Sep MAT 2022 schedule is as below
Sep MAT 2022 PBT Exam Schedule
|Last Date for PBT Online Registration||29 August 2022|
|Availability of PBT Admit Card||30 August 2022 (1600 Hrs)|
|PBT Test Date||4 Sep 2022|
What is MAT IBT 2022? 5 Key Features
AIMA has introduced “Remote Proctored Internet Based Test (IBT)” with a separate schedule to safeguard test takers against Covid pandemic health hazards. Key features of the exam are:
- For taking the test in IBT mode, instead of going to a test centre candidates could do so from the safe confines and convenience of their homes subject to certain conditions.
- Only the candidates with a computer together with webcam and internet facilities meeting certain specifications can appear in IBT exam.
- The sanctity and security of the test is effectively maintained through remote proctoring in dual mode i.e., by employing robust Artificial Intelligence (AI) based tools as also human proctors.
- In order to help candidates to familiarize themselves with this new mode of testing, AIMA has also scheduled mock IBT sessions at a nominal extra fee
- These IBT mock tests replicate the testing environment and help candidates build familiarity with the same. This ensures that the candidates are adequately prepared for the main test.
IBT September MAT 2022: Key Requirements
Below are shared the MAT exam recommended browsers and other requirements which the candidates need to fulfil to appear in IBT Sep 2022 exam.
- You must ensure to sit in a well-lit room with proper light on your face and in a quiet place
- Ensure that no other person enters/interferes during the scheduled test
- You must not use mobile phone or any gadgets
- A Laptop or Desktop with Webcam is Mandatory to appear in test
- A stable internet connection with minimum upload Speed => 512 kbps is required
- Required Supported Browsers are Chrome-version 63 and above; Firefox-version 52 and above
- Required Operating System is Windows OS (Version 7 and above)
- Dot NET framework minimum supported version is 4.5.1. NET framework.
- Required Memory is 65MB permanent free space on the default hard drive
Who can Apply for Sep MAT IBT Mode Exam 2022?
All the candidates who wish to appear in MAT 2022 Sep exam, now have the option to choose either one or two modes of test out of three modes i.e., CBT, IBT and PBT. Candidates who wish to appear in IBT exam can register and apply at AIMA MAT website by paying requisite application fee of Rs.1850/- online for one IBT and Rs.2975/- for two IBT exams
MAT September 2022: Registration Fee for IBT, CBT PBT exams
Candidate should Register online at official AIMA website link with Credit Card/Debit Card (ATM Card), Net Banking, UPI and Paytm wallet. The Registration fees details for different modes of MAT exam are given below:
|For one Remote Proctored Internet Based Test (IBT)||Rs. 1850/-|
|For Two Remote Proctored Internet Based Tests (IBT)||Rs.2975/-|
|For one Paper Based Test(PBT)||Rs. 1850/-|
|For Both IBT+PBT||Rs.2975/-|
|For one CBT Exam||Rs.1850/-|
|For one PBT+ one CBT Exam||Rs.2975/-|
|For one CBT+ one IBT Exam||Rs.2975/-|
Unique MAT Scoring Pattern
MAT scoring pattern is unique. The score card displays scaled score out of 800 Marks and not out of 160 or 200 raw scores. While each correct answer is awarded +1 Mark, each wrong answer is penalized with negative marking of -0.25 mark. Merit Score is calculated on the basis of 4 sections only and the score of Indian & Global Environment is separately shown but is not taken into account to calculate the merit or percentile in the score card
MBA Colleges Accepting MAT 2022
September 2022 MAT exam score will be valid for MBA/PGDM Admission 2022 and 2023 in top MBA colleges in India. Almost all good B-schools in Delhi like JIMS, NDIM, Jaipuria; in Bangalore like IBA and AIMS; in Pune like Lexicon Mile, IIMS; in Mumbai like IES, VESIM are accepting the Exam scores. More details are below. Updated list of Management Institutes who accept MAT scores for admission to their MBA program is released by AIMA and is available on MBAUniverse.com.
September MAT 2022: Key Highlights
One of the most important but an easier MBA entrance exam – MAT 2022 Sep exam has following key highlights:
|Questions related to Exam||Answer related to Exam|
|Exam Conducting Body||All India Management Association (AIMA)|
|Total Exams in a Year||Held in February, May, September, December|
|Number of MBA colleges under the Exam||400+|
|Testing Modes||3: IBT, PBT and CBT Exams|
|Number of exams you can apply for||2|
|Application Fee||Rs.1850/- for 1 exam; Rs. 2975/- for 2 exams|
|MAT Full Form||Management Aptitude Test|
|Score Validity for MBA Admission||One academic session|
|Total Questions in Test Paper||200|
|Sectional Division of Exam 2021||5 Sections with 40 Questions in Each Section|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to Moderate|
|Required Percentile for MBA admission in Top Colleges||90+|
|Importance of Taking the December 2021 Exam||Offers MBA admission opportunity in 2022 & 2023 Offers opportunity to improve rank & score|
MAT Score validity
The September MAT exam score will be valid for admission in Academic Session 2022-23 and 2023-24.
MAT Registration & Application 2022
Registration process for IBT exam, CBT Exam and PBT MAT Sep exam is open. Registration fee for one MAT exam is Rs.1850/- and for two MAT exams is Rs.2975/-. The registration process is online only.
MAT 2022 Registration Process
Registration process is online only and can be completed in five simple steps:
- Step-1: Create login
- Step 2: Fill the Registration Form
- Step 3: Upload Images on Registration Form
- Step 4: Make Payment of Registration Fee
- Step 5: View Registration summary
MBA Colleges Accepting MAT Score
Here are some of the best MBA colleges accepting the score of Management Aptitude Test 2022:
- Jaipuria Institute of Management, Lucknow
- NDIM Delhi
- JIMS Delhi
- Jaipuria Institute of Management, Noida
- IPE Hyderabad
- IESMCRC, Mumbai
- IBA Bangalore
- VJIM, Hyderabad
MBA Colleges in Maharashtra to Accept MAT exam Score
The Higher and Technical Education Department, Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Maharashtra has clarified while determining the entrance exam eligibility of All India category candidates for MBA/MMS admission process in Maharashtra MBA colleges, that All India Candidature Candidate, Jammu and Kashmir Migrant Candidature Candidate will be considered for MBA/MMS admission on the basis of obtaining non zero positive score in CET conducted by the Competent Authority; CAT -conducted by Indian Institute of Management; CMAT; GMAT; MAT; ATMA and XAT. Accordingly, the MAT exam scores will be considered for MBA admission in Maharashtra MBA colleges also.
MAT Question Paper: Duration, Sectional composition & Scoring pattern
- The test paper has a time duration of 2½ hours.
- There are 200 objective type questions in MCQs form in MAT question paper
- Question difficulty level is easy to moderate
- The test paper is divided in 5 sections with 40 questions in each section
- Each correct answer is awarded +1 Mark
- Each wrong answer is penalized with negative marking of -0.25 mark
- Exam sections are Language Comprehension, Mathematical skills, Data Analysis and Sufficiency, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning, Indian and Global Environment.
- Merit Score in the exam is calculated on the basis of 4 sections only and the score of Indian & Global Environment is separately shown but is not taken into account to calculate the merit or percentile in the score card.
- The score card displays scaled score out of 800 Marks and not out of 160 or 200 raw scores
- On the score card along with the sectional and overall scaled scores, the sectional and overall percentile is also displayed.
How to Prepare for MAT 2022?
Over the years the pattern and syllabus for MAT exam has not changed. The only change is in testing mode which has changed with additional type of IBT exam apart from PBT exam. So, the exam preparation is also not very difficult. Reading good preparation books, practicing with sample papers and previous year papers with solutions are a good tool for preparation.
Consistent exam Preparation can get you admission to MBA 2022 in good MBA colleges. It is high time that exam preparation must be started without any further delay as per the test pattern.
One of the important points which differentiate MAT preparation from other exams, is the separate section with 40 questions on ‘Data Analysis and Data Sufficiency (DADS)’ which is slightly different from Data Interpretation in other exams. The DADS Preparation and the strategy to prepare for this important section is to be properly planned and followed to score high. The preparation strategy needs more focus on four core sections keeping the ‘Indian & Global Environment’ section at second place.
The exam preparation requires your focus on preparing for the most important four sections with 160 questions. The sections are Language Comprehension; Data Analysis & Data Sufficiency; Intelligence & Critical Reasoning; and Mathematical skills. Accordingly, your Preparation should be focused on following key points:
- When to Start the Preparation?
- How to prepare?
- Which are the best Preparation Books?
- What is the best preparation material available apart from the books?
- Preparation Tips by Toppers
- Whether to Prepare with Coaching or Self prepare – which is better?
- If time is short, How to prepare Online?
- Test Taking Strategy – how to crack MAT with High score
MAT 2022 Syllabus: At par with other MBA entrance exams
MAT Syllabus contains all the topics on which questions are asked in other national level MBA entrance exams. Past question papers and the exam pattern reveal that syllabus does not throw tough questions in the exam, although syllabus topics are same.