Karnataka PGCET 2022 likely Exam Date is November 2022 third week for admission to MBA/MCA programmes 2022 in top MBA colleges of Bangalore and rest of Karnataka. Karnataka Examination Authority will release the PGCET 2022 exam Notification with complete schedule shortly. Application process for Karnataka PGCET exam 2022 is expected to open in the first week of September 2022.
This article will help you understand all about the Karnataka PGCET 2022 exam, leading to admission in MBA and MCA Programmes offered at low fee MBA colleges in Bangalore and rest of Karnataka. So read till the end
|Table of Contents 1. What is Karnataka PGCET 2022? 2. Karnataka PGCET 2022 Key Highlights 3. Karnataka PGCET 2022: Important Dates 4. Top Colleges Accepting Karnataka PGCET 2022 5. Karnataka PGCET 2022 Exam Pattern 6. Karnataka PGCET 2022 Eligibility Criteria 7. Karnataka PGCET 2022 Syllabus 8. PGCET 2022 Preparation 9. Karnataka PGCET MBA 2022 Registration & Application Process 10. Karnataka PGCET MBA 2022 Admission Process|
Now, read below all the details about Karnataka MBA PGCET Entrance Exam 2022
- What is Karnataka PGCET 2022?
Karnataka PGCET is the popular MBA entrance exam for admission to MBA colleges in Karnataka. The candidates with Karnataka state domicile and All India category candidates can appear in Karnataka MBA PGCET 2022 entrance exam. Karnataka PGCET MBA 2022 exam is a two hours exam and will be held from 2.30PM to 4.30 PM.
Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) will conduct the MBA PGCET 2022 exam for admission 2022 in MBA/MCA and other post graduate courses in Karnataka Government colleges as well as private institutes. Karnataka MBA entrance exam is a moderate difficulty level test.
Apart from MBA PGCET Entrance Exam 2022, KEA will also conduct the Karnataka PGCET 2022 for MCA admission from 10.30AM to 12.30PM.
- Karnataka PGCET 2022: Key Highlights
Following are the salient features of Karnataka PGCET Entrance Exam 2022:
|PGCET Full Form||Post Graduate Common Entrance Test 2022|
|Karnataka PGCET 2022 Exam date||November 20, 2022 (Expected)|
|Karnataka PGCET 2022 MBA Exam sessions||For MBA-2.30PM to 4.30PM; For MCA-10.30AM to 12.30PM|
|Karnataka PGCET 2022 MBA entrance exam Conducting Authority||Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) conducts PGCET on yearly basis for MBA/MCA Admission on same day|
|Mode of Karnataka PGCET 2022 exam||Offline Paper Based Test of 2 hours duration|
|Karnataka PGCET 2022 Exam Application Fee & Process||Rs.650/- for General & OBC Category Rs.500/- for SC/ST & Karnataka category-1 candidates PGCET application process is online only|
|Karnataka PGCET 2022 Exam Eligibility||50% Marks in Graduation|
|Maximum Age Limit to apply for the Karnataka PGCET 2022||No Age Limit, Graduates with 50% marks can apply|
|Number of Questions in the MBA PGCET 2022 Exam||100 questions divided in 4 sections with 25 questions in each section|
|Marking System in Karnataka PGCET 2022 Exam||+1 Mark for Each correct answer; No marks for unattempted question|
|Negative Marking in Karnataka MBA PGCET Entrance Exam 2022||No negative marking for wrong answer|
|Time duration of the exam||2 hours|
|Difficulty level in Karnataka PGCET 2022 Entrance Exam||Moderate|
|Karnataka PGCET 2022 Exam Centres||Spread Over Bangalore & other parts of Karnataka|
|Reservation of Seats in Govt Colleges in Karnataka||Reservation is only for Karnataka Domicile candidates|
|MBA Colleges Accepting Karnataka PGCET 2022 Score||All the Government / University / Private Aided / Private Un-Aided MBA colleges in Karnataka|
|Merit List in Karnataka MBA Entrance Exam||Separate Merit lists for MBA/MCA admission will be declared|
- Karnataka PGCET 2022: Important Dates
The likely Karnataka PGCET 2022 Exam Date is November 20, 2022. The PGCET Notification contains the Karnataka PGCET 2022 Exam Date and other important dates regarding the PGCET MBA Exam.
The entire schedule for Karnataka PGCET date and other activities is given below. The candidates from Karnataka state and outside Karnataka state are eligible to apply and appear in the Karnataka PGCET entrance exam. Karnataka PGCET 2022 is a paper based test of 2 hours duration.
|Karnataka PGCET 2022 Entrance Exam Activity||Karnataka PGCET Exam Dates|
|PGCET MBA Exam Notification Date||September 1, 2022|
|PGCET 2022 Exam Registration Start date||September 1, 2022 from 4 P.M.|
|Last date to Apply for PGCET 2022||September 30, 2022 Upto 5.30 PM|
|Karnataka PGCET Application fee||Rs.650/-|
|Last date to pay PGCET fees in the Bank||October 1, 2022 in Banking hours|
|Karnataka PGCET Admit Card (Hall ticket) down load start date||October 25, 2022, 4 PM onwards|
|Last Date for Karnataka PGCET Admit Card Download||November 20, 2022|
|Karnataka PGCET 2022 Exam Date||November 20, 2022 (2.30PM to 4.30PM)|
|Declaration of PGCET Answer Key 2022||November 25, 2022|
|Declaration of PGCET 2022 Results||November 30, 2022|
|Karnataka PGCET MBA 2022 Counselling starts||December 10, 2022|
|Last date for PGCET counselling||December 20, 2022|
|Last Date for Reporting to allotted MBA College||January 1, 2023|
MBA admission through Karnataka PGCET 2022 exam conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) Government of Karnataka is available to Government seats as well as for management quota seats.
- Top Colleges Accepting Karnataka PGCET 2022 Score
Karnataka PGCET 2022 MBA exam is the Karnataka State MBA entrance test for admission to top MBA colleges and universities of Bangalore and rest of Karnataka. On the basis of PGCET 2022, MBA admission for the 2022-24 batch will be offered by numerous MBA colleges affiliated to Bangalore University and VTU University. Some of the top MBA colleges accepting PGCET 2022 Karnataka exam score are:
- Acharya Institute of Management & Sciences (AIMS), Bangalore
- IFIM College, Bengaluru
- JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research,
- MSRIM Bangalore: M S Ramaiah Institute of Management
- NSB Academy
- IBA Bangalore
- Justice K S Hegde Institute of Management – JKSHIM Udupi
- Nagarjuna College of Management Studies, Chikkaballapura
- International Academy of Management and Entrepreneurship
- RV Institute of Management Bangalore
- Mount Carmel College, Bangalore
- Canara Bank School of Management Studies,
- PES University Bangalore
- REVA University, Bangalore
- Dayananda Sagar University
- Adarsh Institute of Management And Information Technology – AIMIT Bangalore
- Karnataka PGCET 2022 Exam Pattern
Karnataka PGCET 2022 exam pattern for MBA admission 2022 will have 100 questions in MCQ format divided in 4 sections as under:
|PGCET 2022 Section Name||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Proficiency in English Language||25||25|
|Reasoning and General Intelligence||25||25|
- Important Points to Note about Karanataka PGCET 2022 Exam
Although Karnataka PGCET 2022 for MBA admission is of two hours duration from 2.30 PM to 4.30 PM, the PGCET 2022 test takers have to remain seated for two and half hours.
- All the candidates should report at the PGCET 2022 Test Venue latest by 1.30 PM
- All the candidates should occupy their designated seats by 2 PM to complete the details on PGCET 2022 exam booklet and on OMR Sheet
- The PGCET 2022 question paper is in different versions.
- Karnataka PGCET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
A candidate who has passed Recognised Bachelor’s Degree of minimum of 3 years duration examination or equivalent examination and obtained an aggregate minimum of 50% marks in all the years of the Degree Examination is eligible to appear for PGCET 2022 exam.
The Karnataka state candidates as well All India candidates can appear on the KEA PGCET 2022 exam date to explore admission opportunity to various MBA colleges in Karnataka with PGCET 2022 scores.
As per the letter from VTU, Belgaum dated 11-08-2016, the qualifying examination (degree) obtained through distance mode would be considered for admission to MBA/MCA courses, provided the awarding University has approval from Distance Education Council (IGNOU), New Delhi.
- Karnataka PGCET Syllabus 2022
MBA PGCET exam syllabus is divided into four sections namely Proficiency in English Language; General Knowledge; Reasoning and General Intelligence; Quantitative Analysis. The Karnataka MBA PGCET 2022 exam syllabus covers all the important topics related to each section. The PGCET exam difficulty level is moderate and there is no negative marking for any wrong answer
Key Sectional Highlights of Syllabus for PGCET Exam 2022 are:
- Section-1: Proficiency in English Language& Type of questions
- Number of Questions: 25
- Sectional Weightage in PGCET Syllabus: 25%
- Type of Questions: All of MCQ type with No penalty for wrong answer
- Section-2: General Knowledge
- Number of Questions: 25
- Type of questions: MCQs
- Sectional weightage in PGCET Syllabus: 25%
- Sectional Weightage in Percentile Calculation: 25%
- Past trend of topics in Syllabus reveal that the Questions are formed on Film Awards, taxation & duties, Indian constitution, Who’s who, States of India, Sports, Recent events
- Weightage of Reasoning Syllabus questions in PGCET exam: 25%
- Weightage of Reasoning Section in Percentile calculation: 25%
- Total Reasoning questions in PGCET syllabus for exam: 25
- Type of Questions: MCQs
7.4 Section-4: Quantitative Analysis
- Number of Questions: 25.
- Sectional weightage in MBA PGCET exam: 25%
- Sectional Weightage in Percentile calculation: 25%
- Type of Questions: MCQs
- Past trend in PGCET exam shows that there is More emphasis on Arithmetic
- Questions were based on Interest, Percentages, Time and Work, Profit, Loss, and Partnership.
- Karnataka PGCET 2022 Preparation
- Karnataka PGCET preparation, according to the experts, should be done as per the PGCET syllabus.
- Since PGCET is a moderate difficulty level exam, the books which are used for preparation for other MBA entrance exams like CAT, CMAT, NMAT, XAT can be fruitfully used for PGCET preparation.
8.1 Best Books for Karnataka PGCET 2022 sectional preparation
- ‘How to prepare for Quantitative for the CAT’ – by Arun Sharma, published by McGraw Hill)
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- ‘High School English Grammar & Composition’ – by Wren & Martin
- ‘How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for CAT’ – by Arun Sharma (Published by McGraw Hill)
- ‘Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for the CAT’ – by Nishit K Sinha (Published by Pearson)
- ‘How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT’ – by Arun Sharma (Published by McGraw Hill)
8.2 Karnataka PGCET 2022 Mock Tests: Good PGCET Preparation Tool
PGCET Mock Tests are the best preparation tool that can help PGCET 2022 exam test-takers to score well. To help Karnataka PGCET 2022 exam takers prepare and perform better in the Karnataka PGCET 2022, experts at MBAUniverse.com have prepared PGCET Mock test with answer keys, solutions and Expected Questions… Prepared by India’s Top Experts. Take these Karnataka PGCET Online Mock Tests to assess your preparation in revised Karnataka PGCET 2022 exam pattern with 100 questions. This PGCET Mock Test is completely free for you
- Karnataka PGCET MBA 2022 Registration & Application Process
Karnataka PGCET 2022 Registration and Application process is only “Online”. Online submission of Application Form may be made by login at KEA PGCET Website. There is no offline facility to fill the application form for PGCET now.
General category candidates have to pay an amount of Rs. 650/- towards PGCET registration and application fee.
9.1 Key Points to Note before Applying For Karnataka PGCET Entrance Exam 2022
- Scanned images of latest Photograph, Signature and Left Hand Thumb Impression in JPG format only are required for uploading as part of submission of online application to be eligible to appear on Karnataka PGCET MBA Exam Date
- Before entering the MBA PGCET 2022 application form online, the candidates should download the blank application form and take two or three photocopies of the same and practice on them to avoid mistakes
- After submitting the duly completed PGCET 2022 Karnataka registration and application form with requisite fee payment, you should retain the following documents with you as reference for future correspondence. (i) 3 printouts of the finally submitted online Application. (ii) Proof of fee paid (iii) 2-3 copies of identical Photograph that was scanned and uploaded on the Karnataka PGCET Online Application.
10. Karnataka PGCET MBA 2022 Admission Process
The Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test (PGCET) 2022 will be conducted for the purpose of determining the eligibility/merit, for admission of Karnataka and non-Karnataka candidates to 1st year / 1st semester full time / part time MBA as well as MCA / M.E. / M. Tech. / M. Arch courses and for admission to 2nd year Lateral Entry to MCA Course in Government / University / Private Aided / Private Un-Aided professional educational institutions in the state of Karnataka.
Admissions to the MBA programme beginning 2022 for Government seats shall be made in accordance with the Karnataka Selection of Candidates for Admission to Master of Business Administration and Master of Computer Application Courses Rules, 2005.
- MBA admission 2022 in Karnataka management institutes is based on Karnataka PGCET 2022 Counselling which shall start after declaration of PGCET 2022 result.
- PGCET Counselling 2022 will determine the allotment of institute and MBA seat for MBA/MCA admission in Government and University affiliated colleges in Bangalore and rest of Karnataka
- All these B-schools offer MBA at low fee in Bangalore & rest of Karnataka to the candidates who get seat allotment through PGCET counselling.
- Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) will notify the Karnataka PGCET 2022 Counselling Schedule. Candidates have to attend the counselling on the designated date in accordance with their rank obtained in the Karnataka PGCET 2022 exam.