MBA admission process 2021 had started on April 6, at Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU), New Delhi, erstwhile IP University and for all its affiliated MBA colleges. Due to Covid pandemic the process was stopped for a few days. The process has again started on June 8, 2021 and the Last date to apply for admission to MBA 2021-23 batch at the University School of Management Studies (USMS) at GGSIPU and its affiliated colleges is now extended to July 15 2021 from earlier May 30.
GGSIPU will accept CAT 2020 exam score for MBA admission 2021. In case seats remain vacant, IP University will accept CMAT 2021 score. IP University and its affiliated colleges offer a low fee MBA programme with good placements.
GGSIPU MBA Admission 2021: Important dates
Since GGSIPU will not conduct its own entrance test for MBA admission 2021, you now have to apply separately to the GGSIPU MBA admission including for the MBA admission in its affiliated College with your CAT 2020 registration ID/score card. The key dates for GGSIPU MBA admission are:
|GGSIPU MBA Admission 2021 Activity||Important dates|
|GGSIPU MBA Admission 2021 Application re-Starts||June 8, 2021|
|Last date to Apply for MBA admission||July 15, 2021|
|Date of Editing of Forms already submitted by candidates||July 2021|
|Centralized Counselling for MBA admission||July/August 2021 onwards|
|MBA Admission Offer 2021||August 2021|
|Commencement of Academic Session||August 2021|
Key Points to Note
- Application Submission is Online only
- Application Form is available on University website
- Application fee is non Refundable
- Final selection process will be conducted Online
Key Changes in GGSIPU MBA Admission 2021 Process
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU), New Delhi will accept CAT 2020 score for MBA/FM/IB/FA admission 2021 instead of conducting its own exam.
- The CAT 2020 score will be accepted for MBA admission in University School of Management Studies (USMS) and all the GGSIPU affiliated management institutes offering MBA/FM/IB/FA programmes
- Online Registration for the programme is mandatory to become eligible to participate in online counseling/admission at GGSIPU
- If Seats remain vacant after counselling on the basis of merit of CAT, then counselling shall be conducted on the basis of score in CMAT 2021 score
- In case, seats still remain vacant even after exhausting CAT and CMAT merit, the University will consider admission in MBA programmes by conducting Common Entrance Test (CET) to be conducted by GGSIPU, Delhi
- Earlier GGSIPU used to conduct its own Common Entrance Test (CET), MBA entrance exam in May every year. However, GGSIPU will not conduct its CET unless situation so warrants
- After submission of their CAT 2020 application, separate application for MBA admission to GGSIPU University School of Management Studies and other affiliated colleges should be submitted when the GGSIPU Admission 2021 before the last date
- Final Selection round (GD-PI Round) for GGSIPU & affiliated MBA colleges will be held separately and GGSIPU would not participate in any of the IIMs’ Admission Process
MBA Programmes Offered
The flagship and other key MBA programmes to which admission will be offered by IP University on the basis of CAT 2020 scores are:
- MBA (General)
- MBA (International Business)
- MBA (Financial Management)
- MBA (Financial Analysis)
The University shall conduct admissions in regular MBA programmes in the University School of Management Studies and affiliated institutes for the Academic Session 2021-22 on the basis of merit in CAT 2020.
Top MBA Colleges under GGSIPU
MBA at University School of Management Studies (USMS) – Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU), Delhi has become one of the sought after management programmes with low fee structure during past few years. Apart from its own B-school, GGSIPU has number of top MBA colleges in Delhi affiliated to it.
The admission to MBA 2021-23 batch at USMS-GGSIPU is through CAT 2020 and if required through CMAT 2021. All the MBA colleges affiliated to GGSIPU would accept the CAT 2020 exam score for admission. Apart from USMS, the GGSIPU affiliated management colleges that will accept CAT score for MBA admission 2021 include Banarsidas Chandiwala Institute Of Professional Studies; Bhagwan Parshuram Institute Of Technology; Delhi Institute Of Advanced Studies; Delhi Technical Campus; Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology; Management Education & Research Institute; Rukmini Devi Institute of Advanced Studies; Tecnia Institute of Advanced Studies among others.
List of GGSIPU MBA Colleges with Intake
List of institutes affiliated to GGSIPU New Delhi consists of 35 colleges. Out of them the GGSIPU MBA college and other top 10 GGSIPU affiliated MBA colleges with their distinct MBA programmes & intake are given below:
|Name of MBA colleges||Programme offered||Intake|
|University School of Management Studies (USMS) – Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU), Delhi||MBA (General); MBA (International Business); MBA (Financial Management); MBA (Financial Analysis)||120 60 60 60|
|Banarsidas Chandiwala Institute Of Professional Studies, Dwarka, New Delhi||MBA||120|
|Bhagwan Parshuram Institute Of Technology, Rohini, Delhi||MBA||60|
|Delhi Institute Of Advanced Studies, Rohini, Delhi||MBA MBA (Financial Management)||120 60|
|Delhi Technical Campus, KP-III, Greater NOIDA, UP||MBA||60|
|Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology, Rohini, Delhi –||MBA||180|
|Management Education & Research Institute, Janak Puri, New Delhi||MBA MBA (2nd shift)||120 120|
|Rukmini Devi Institute of Advanced Studies, Rohini, Delhi||MBA MBA (2nd Shift)||120 120|
|Tecnia Institute of Advanced Studies, Rohini, Delhi||MBA MBA (2nd shift)||120 120|
GGSIPU MBA Fee
MBA at GGSIPU Delhi will not put a hole in your pocket. The MBA programme Fee at USMS-GGSIPU is much lower than many other top MBA colleges in India. The academic fee for MBA is Rs.56,000/- (Under revision) for two years at USMS-GGSIPU. Even in case the fee is slightly revised upwards it will remain much lower than many other MBA colleges in India.
MBA Programmes Offered
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University offers various MBA programmes with a range of specializations. The Programmes offered at USMS-GGSIPU and its affiliated MBA colleges are shared above. Apart from them, GGSIPU affiliated MBA is offered by more than 20 other MBA colleges in Delhi NCR. USMS and the other B-schools offer regular full time MBA; MBA programmes with dual specialization and part time MBAs for which classes are conducted on week ends.
GGSIPU MBA Specializations
USMS offers 2 Year full-time MBA Programme, with specialization in Finance, Marketing, Human Resource Management, Systems & IT and Global Business Management.
Since the Admission to MBA 2021-23 batch at USMS-GGSIPU is through CAT 2020 Entrance exam, all the MBA colleges affiliated to GGSIPU will accept the CAT exam score for admission.
How to Apply for GGSIPU Admission 2021?
- You need to submit application forms only through online mode for MBA Admission 2021
- The application form is available at the University website
- The application form along with the requisite fee of Rs.1200/- excluding processing charges and taxes, as applicable should be submitted before the last date
- The Application fee, the processing charges and taxes shall not be refundable under any circumstances
- The candidate will have to submit the final result of qualifying degree proving his/her eligibility on or before 30th September 2021
- The candidate shall give documentary proof of having been appeared in the last semester/year of qualifying examination before 31.07.2021
GGSIPU MBA Admission Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for different MBA programmes are different. Below is shared the eligibility for MBA admission at GGSIPU, Delhi:
MBA Eligibility Criteria
GGSIPU Eligibility criteria for MBA/MBA (IB) and MBA Financial Management programmes are same while the MBA (Financial Analysis) eligibility criteria is different:
GGSIPU Eligibility Criteria for MBA (General)/MBA (International Business) and MBA (Financial Management)
- A Bachelor’s degree of 3 or more years duration from a recognized university in any discipline with a minimum 50% marks.
- Final year students can also apply
- Passed the final exam of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or England; Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India or England or the Institute of Company Secretaries of India
GGSIPU Eligibility Criteria for MBA (Financial Analysis)
- Graduate in any discipline with at least 50% marks
- Must have studied at least one of the fours courses at graduation level out of Mathematics/ Statistics/Economics/Operations Research
GGSIPU MBA Admission Criteria: Shortlisting and Final Admission Round
The MBA admissions process 2021 will be online and will be carried out strictly on the basis of score of Common Admission Test (CAT) conducted by IIMs as under
- All admissions shall be made on the basis of the merit of Common Admission Test (CAT) 2020 that was conducted by Indian Institute of Management.
- In case seats remain vacant, GGSIPU will consider CMAT 2021 score
- The University may also conduct its own CET for admissions, if the seats are left vacant after completing merit list based on CAT 2020 followed by CMAT 2021
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) will conduct online central counseling for all the colleges affiliated with it on the basis of score obtained in CAT 2020
- Students are required to choose the college/institute during the counseling.
- Admission shall be based on marks obtained in the qualifying examination (Graduation) and performance in online personal interview.
- Merit list shall be prepared based on the weightages awarded to various components – Academic profile, CAT score and personal interview
MBA Admission at GGSIPU: Weightage Components
Following weightages are given for making final selection in the MBA programme at USMS and other GGSIPU MBA colleges through Centralized Counselling process:
|Component||Percentage of Weightage|
|Percentage of Marks in Qualifying Exam & CAT Exam||70|
|Personal Interview (Centralized Counselling)||30|
Final Merit List Generation
- The merit list shall be prepared on the basis of marks earned by each candidate, on a scale of 100 comprising academic profile and marks obtained in Personal Interview.
- In case of any vacant seat, the score of Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) 2021 conducted by National Testing Agency will be considered
Highly Ranked MBA programme
University School of Management Studies (USMS)-GGSIPU Delhi was ranked 67 in National Institutional Ranking Framework 2020 under Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. The School was Rated as A+ by Business India Survey.
At USMS, an eclectic mix of teaching and learning skills are employed to impart knowledge to the students. The students learn through various management exercises, case studies and analysis, lectures and projects. The study structure helps the students in developing an analytical bent of mind and prepares them to become competent and understand the dynamics of the business environment.
USMS-GGSIPU, Delhi has emerged as a premier institute with a vision to be world-class centre of excellence in learning, research, training and consultancy services to serve the changing needs of the industry and society. The curriculum is designed and updated at periodic intervals. It provides the students with the analytical skills, creativity and sensitivity to social concerns and breadth of awareness necessary to be successful in diverse management situations.
USMS GGSIPU Led by Dean, Prof A K Saini – blend of industrial and academic experience
USMS at GGSIPU is led by Prof. Anil K Saini. Prof Saini is currently Professor and Dean of the University School of Management Studies (USMS), Director – Industry Interaction Cell and Director-Development of GGSIP University, New Delhi. He is the Member Secretary of Indraprastha Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IIQAC) of the University. Prof. Saini is a Post-Graduate in Physics, Computers and Management. He obtained his doctorate degree (Ph.D.) from FMS Delhi University in the area of Information Systems. He carries with him blend of industrial and academic experience of more than 35 years out of which six years in the industry in responsible capacities. Dr. Saini has to his credit sixteen published/edited books and over 110+ papers in national and international journals/conferences.
He is member of the Board of Studies/Advisory/Editorial Board of several Universities and Institutions and reputed Journals. He is a trained NAAC Assessor. His major interests include: Information Systems, Databases, Technology and Innovation Management, Knowledge Management and Healthcare systems. He is Fellow and Senior member of several Professional societies such as Computer Society of India, Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE), All India Management Association (AIMA), Operational Research Society of India (ORSI).Dr Saini is also serving as an Independent Director in a Section 8 company of the ICAI.
MBA at University School of Management Studies (USMS) – Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU), Delhi has become one of the most sought after management programmes with low fee structure during past few years. While USMS is an on-campus B-School of GGSIPU Delhi while other MBA colleges in Delhi are affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University and offer GGSIPU MBA degree.
Commonly known as IP University, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) is first University established in 1998 by Govt. of NCT of Delhi under the provisions of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Act, 1998 and is recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC), India. The university is located at Dwarka in New Delhi. The MBA at USMS-GGSIPU Delhi has become a unique and progressive programme with its distinct curriculum and innovative teaching methodology.