Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU), New Delhi the erstwhile IP University starts registration for Centralized Online Counselling on July 15, 2020 for MBA admission 2020. IP University will not conduct MBA CET 2020 for admission 2020-22 batch. Candidates will be selected on the basis CAT 2019 scores. The IPU MBA 2020 application process though CAT 2019 score has closed on May 31, 2020 while the application process without CAT 2019 score requirement is open till July 20, 2020
MBA Programs offered
GGSIPU offers following MBA programs:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration (Financial Analysis)
- Master of Business Administration (International Business)
- Master of Business Administration (Financial Management)
- Master of Business Administration (IT)
IPU MBA Admission 2020 through CAT 2019
GGSIPU in its MBA 2020 admission notification dated August 26, 2019 clarified that it would accept CAT 2019 score for MBA/FM/IB/FA admission 2020-21 instead of conducting its own exam. There would not be IPU CET 2020 for MBA admission 2020 in USMS-GGSIPU and all its 80+ affiliated colleges located in Delhi, New Delhi, Greater Noida, Noida, Baghpat, Sonepat and other places in Delhi NCR.
CAT 2019 & IPU CET 2020
For the MBA 2020-22 batch, now the University School of Management Studies (USMS) at GGSIPU and its affiliated colleges will accept score of CAT 2019 exam without IPU CET 2020 exam. This will offer the MBA admission opportunity to the candidates who scored high in CAT 2019 without taking GGSIPU CET 2020.
IPU CET 2020 Registration
IPU CET 2020 Registration and application process started in March 2020 and was closed on May 31,2020.
Key Points to Note
- IPU CET 2020 Application Submission is Online only
- Application Form available on University website
- Application fee is non Refundable
IPU CET 2020 Exam Dates
Since admission to flagship MBA at USMS-GGSIPU is through CAT 2019, its own Entrance Test known as GGSIPU CET will not have any weightage in shortlisting. All the 80 MBA colleges affiliated to GGSIPU would accept the CAT 2019 for admission.
MBA CET exam schedule is announced every year by GGSIPU in the month of February and the Entrance exam is conducted in the month of April/May for different MBA courses. This year there is no IPU MBA CET 2020 for admission to MBA 2020-22 batch.
|Programme name||Last date to apply||IPU CET 2020 exam date||Application fee|
|MBA (IT)||July 20, 2020||To be Announced||Rs.1000/-|
|MBA||May 31, 2020||Not Applicable||Rs.1000/-|
MBA CET 2020, only if seats remain vacant
According to GGSIPU Admission 2020 notification, “The University shall conduct admissions in regular MBA programmes in the University School of Management Studies and affiliated institutes for the Academic Session 2020-21 on the basis of merit in CAT 2019. If Seats remain vacant after counselling on the basis of merit of CAT, then counselling shall be conducted on the basis of score in CMAT. In case seats still remain vacant even after exhausting CAT and CMAT merit, the University will consider admission in MBA programmes by conducting Common Entrance Test to be conducted by GGSIPU.”
IPU CET MBA 2020 Exam Pattern
GGSIPU CET is different for different MBA programmes. The IPU CET exam is mow online for MBA (IT) and has different sectional composition as under:
IPU CET for MBA (IT)
|Section Name||Number of Questions||Weightage|
|English Language & Comprehension||45||30%|
|Numerical Ability & Mathematics||45||30%|
|Reasoning Ability & Data Interpretation||45||30%|
GGSIPU MBA (IT) CET 2020: Key Facts & Scoring Pattern
- The test paper will contain 150 objective-type questions in all
- Each question will have 4 answer options marked as (1), (2), (3) and (4)
- IPU MBA CET is a paper based test, as such the most appropriate answer should be selected and marked on the OMR answer sheet;
- Each question shall carry maximum 4 marks.
- There will be negative marking for incorrect answer. One mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- The written test will be of two and a half hour duration and will carry 600 marks
- The medium of the tests will be English only
- Candidates should bring a black ball point to the Examination hall for writing/marking responses (darkening the ovals) on OMR answer sheets.
- Use of pencil is not allowed.
Shortlisting and Final Admission Process
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of CAT 2019 for MBA and on the basis of IPU CET 2020 for MBA (IT)
- Admission shall be based on marks obtained in the qualifying examination (Graduation) and performance in personal interview.
- Merit list shall be prepared based on the following:
- 70% weightage will be given to the percentage secured in the qualifying (CAT/IPU CET exam.
- 30% weightage will be given to the performance in personal Interview.
Accordingly, the merit list shall be prepared on the basis of marks earned by each candidate, on a scale of 100 comprising academic profile and marks obtained in Personal Interview.
IPU CET MBA 2020 Eligibility
The IPU CET MBA 2020 eligibility criteria for different MBA programmes are different.
IPU CET MBA Eligibility
- A Bachelor’s degree of 3 or more years duration from a recognized university in any discipline with a minimum 50% marks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Technology with minimum 50% marks
- Passed the final exam of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or England; Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India or England or the Institute of Company Secretaries of India
IPU CET MBA (IT) Eligibility
- Should be a B.E/B.Tech with minimum 60%marks, Or
- Should be M.Sc (CS), M.Sc (IT), M.Sc.(Electronics), MCA with minimum 60% marks.
MBA Colleges under IPU CET 2020
MBA at University School of Management Studies (USMS) – Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU), Delhi has become one of the sought after management programmes with low fee structure during past few years. Apart from its own B-school, GGSIPU has number of top MBA colleges in Delhi affiliated to it.
Apart from USMS, the GGSIPU affiliated management colleges for MBA admission 2020 include Banarsidas Chandiwala Institute Of Professional Studies; Bhagwan Parshuram Institute Of Technology; Delhi Institute Of Advanced Studies; Delhi Technical Campus; Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology; Management Education & Research Institute; Rukmini Devi Institute of Advanced Studies; Tecnia Institute of Advanced Studies among others.
List of GGSIPU MBA Colleges with Intake
List of institutes affiliated to GGSIPU New Delhi consists of 80+ colleges. Out of them, the GGSIPU MBA college and other top 10 GGSIPU affiliated MBA colleges with their distinct MBA programmes & intake are given below:
|Name of MBA colleges||Programme offered||Intake|
|University School of Management Studies (USMS) – Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU), Delhi||MBA MBA (IT)||120 60|
|Banarsidas Chandiwala Institute Of Professional Studies, Dwarka, New Delhi||MBA||120|
|Bhagwan Parshuram Institute Of Technology, Rohini, Delhi||MBA||60|
|Delhi Institute Of Advanced Studies, Rohini, Delhi||MBA||120|
|Delhi Technical Campus, KP-III, Greater NOIDA, UP||MBA||120|
|Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology, Rohini, Delhi –||MBA MBA (2nd shift)||120 60|
|Management Education & Research Institute, Janak Puri, New Delhi||MBA MBA (2nd shift)||120 120|
|Rukmini Devi Institute of Advanced Studies, Rohini, Delhi||MBA MBA (2nd Shift)||120 120|
|Tecnia Institute of Advanced Studies, Rohini, Delhi||MBA MBA (2nd shift)||120 120|
|C-DAC, NOIDA (formaly Electronics Research & Development Centre of India) Govt. of India, Institutional Area, Sector – 62, NOIDA||MBA (IT)||60|
While USMS is the on-campus B-School of GGSIPU Delhi, other MBA colleges in Delhi are affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University and offer GGSIPU MBA degree.
Commonly known as IP University, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) is first University established in 1998 by Govt. of NCT of Delhi under the provisions of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Act, 1998 and is recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC), India. The university is located at Dwarka in New Delhi. The MBA at USMS-GGSIPU Delhi has become a unique and progressive programme with its distinct curriculum and innovative teaching methodology.