AP-ICET 2019 counselling starts in August 16, 2019 at 9 A.M. in 23 Counselling Centres in Andhra Pradesh. APICET counselling 2019 is the web based counselling. The last date of counselling is August 2019 for all the remaining ranks. A processing fee of Rs.1200/- (Rs.600/- for SC/ST category) has to be paid online by the candidates appearing for APICET counselling 2019 with effect from August 14, 2019. AP ICET exam 2019 was held on April 26, 2019 by Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati for admission to the Master of Business Administration (MBA) and Master of Computer Applications (MCA) programmes in University colleges and their affiliated colleges for the academic year beginning 2019. After the release of AP ICET 2019 Rank Cards for the successful candidates, now APICET common counselling process has started for MBA/MCA Admission in University affiliated colleges in Andhra Pradesh.
Andhra Pradesh Integrated Common Entrance Test (APICET-2018) is conducted by the S.V. University on behalf of A.P. State Council of Higher Education.
The AP-ICET 2019 Notification has been released by Andhra University on February 20, 2019 for the admission to MBA and MCA courses commencing 2019. The AP-ICET 2019 exam will be held in two sessions in select cities.
AP-ICET is the Integrated Common Entrance Test for admission to MBA and MCA regular Courses offered by State Universities and Professional Colleges under the Jurisdiction of A.P State Council of Higher Education for the academic session 2019-20.
|Activity||Date & Time|
|Notification of AP ICET – 2019||20-02-2019|
|Commencement of Submission of Online application forms||27-02-2019|
|Last date for submission of online applications without late fee (Rs.550/-)||27-03-2019|
|Last date for submission of online applications with late fee of Rs. 2000/-(+ Rs.550/- Registration Fee).||04-04-2019|
|Correction of online application data already submitted by the candidate||5-04-2019 to 14-04-2019|
|Downloading of Hall-tickets from the website http://www.sche.ap.gov.in/icet||15-04-2019 onwards|
|Date of AP ICET – 2019 Examination||26-04-2019|
|Time of Examination||10:00 AM to 12:30 PM |
& 2:30 PM to 5:00 PM in two sessions
|Declaration of Preliminary Key||26-04-2019 at 6 PM|
|Last Date for receiving of objections on Preliminary Key||29-04-2019 (5 PM)|
|Declaration of Results||06-05-2019|
AP-ICET 2019 Eligibility Criteria & Application process
- The candidates should be Indian Nationals and should satisfy local/non-local status requirements laid down in the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions (Regulations of Admission) Order, 1974 as amended up to date (as per G.O. Ms. No. 25, dt: 19.03.2004 & G.O.Ms.No.108, Higher Education Department, dated 30-7- 2005 and its amendments).
- The candidates seeking MBA Admission 2019 through AP ICET 2019 should have passed recognized Bachelors Degree Examination of minimum 3 years duration
- The candidates who are appearing for the final year degree examination shall also be eligible to appear for APICET 2019
- The qualifying Degree obtained by Distance Mode Program should have recognition by Joint Committee of UGC, AICTE and DEC.
- Candidate with aggregate marks of 50% (45% in case of reserved categories) are alone are eligible to take admission through APICET as per the latest AICTE Approval Process Handbook 2019-20.
- The candidates other than Indian Nationals should satisfy the rules of the Universities concerned.
- For MCA minimum eligibility is the Degree of 3 years duration with “Mathematics” as one of the subject at Intermediate or Degree level.
- For MCA 2nd year direct admission (Lateral Entry) applicant should possess BCA or should be degree holder in IT/CS with Mathematics at 10+2 or Degree level.
- Candidate who passed all the subjects of the three years of any Degree course in one sitting is not eligible for admission into MBA or MCA Course
- Candidates shall fulfil the eligibility criteria laid down in relevant Government Orders in vogue at the time of admissions
Eligibility for Admission in the colleges
- Admission into any college depends on its Recognition/Affiliation by the Statutory Bodies.
- Mere qualification in the entrance test does not entitle a candidate to have been admitted into MBA/MCA course unless the candidate appears for Counselling at the notified Centre, applies in response to the admission notification issued by the authority concerned and satisfies all the eligibility criteria for admission as stipulated by the authority concerned
The eligible candidates as per the AP ICET 2019 prescribed eligibility criteria can apply for APICET-2019.
- The application process is through an online application on the AP ICET official web site sche.ap.gov.in/icet.
- All the details are given in the User manual.
- Registration and Application fee is Rs.550/- without late fee
- Application fee with late fee is Rs. 2000+ Rs.550 Registration fee. Total Application fee amount with late fee is Rs.2550/-
- Last date to submit application without late fee is March 27, 2019
- Last date to submit application with late fee is April 04, 2019
- Application data correction window already submitted by the applicant will open on April 5 and will close on April 14, 2019.
AP- ICET Exam Pattern
- The AP-ICET exam will be held on April 26, 2019 in two sessions of 150 minutes each.
- Session-1 will be from 10AM to 12.30PM and session-2 will be from 2.30PM to 5PM
- Applicant can be allotted any of the two sessions
- AP ICET 2019 test paper will consist of 200 objective type multiple choice questions.
- Each question has 4 options out of which one is correct.
- Each correct answer will be awarded 1 mark.
- The unanswered questions or multiple answers will receive nil marks.
- No Negative marking for wrong answer.
- Medium of the test is English only for Section-C. The medium for Section-A & Section-B of the question paper is English & Telugu
|Section-A : Analytical Ability|
|Section-B: Mathematical Ability|
|Algebraical and Geometrical Ability||30|
|Section-C : Communication Ability|
|Business and Computer Terminology||10|
AP- ICET 2019 Exam Syllabus
The test is designed to measure the candidate’s ability to think systematically, to use the verbal and mathematical skills and to assess his/her aptitude for admission into MBA/MCA programme.
The Test emphasizes accuracy. The candidate, therefore is required to go through the instructions carefully. This is an objective type test and the questions are of multiple choice. Out of the given options, the candidate has to choose the correct answer. If the Candidate gives more than one answer to any question, such answers will be ignored while awarding marks.
Section-A: Analytical Ability
1. Data Sufficiency:
A question is given followed by data in the form of two statements labeled as (i) and (ii ). If the data given in (i) alone is sufficient to answer the question then choice (1) is the correct answer. If the data given in (ii) alone is sufficient to answer the question then choice (2) is the correct answer. If both (i) and (ii) put together are sufficient to answer the question but neither statement alone is sufficient, then choice (3) is the correct answer. If both (i) and (ii) put together are not sufficient to answer the question and additional data is needed, then choice (4) is the correct answer.
2. Problem Solving :
- a) Sequences and Series: Analogies of numbers and alphabet, completion of blank spaces following the pattern in a:b::c:d relationship; odd thing out: missing number in a sequence or a series.
- b) Data Analysis: The data given in a Table, Graph, Bar diagram, Pie Chart, Venn Diagram or a Passage is to be analyzed and the questions pertaining to the data are to be answered.
- c) Coding and Decoding Problems: A code pattern of English Alphabet is given. A given word or a group of letters are to be coded or decoded based on the given code or codes.
- d)Date, Time & Arrangement Problems: Calendar problems, clock problems, blood relationships, arrivals, departures and schedules, seating arrangements, symbol and notation interpretation.
Section-B : Mathematical Ability
1. Arithmetical Ability :
Laws of indices, ratio and proportion; surds; numbers and divisibility, l.c.m. and g.c.d; Rational numbers, Ordering.; Percentages; Profit and loss; Partnership, Pipes and cisterns, time, distance and work problems, areas and volumes, mensuration, modular arithmetic.
2. Algebraical and Geometrical Ability :
Statements, Truth tables, implication converse and inverse, Tautologies-Sets, Relations and functions, applications – Equation of a line in different forms.
Trigonometry – Trigonometric ratios, Trigonometric ratios of standard angles, (0°, 30°, 45°, 60°, 90°, 180°): Trigonometric identities: sample problems on heights and distances, Polynomials; Remainder theorem and consequences; Linear equations and expressions; Progressions, Binomial Theorem, Matrices, Notion of a limit and derivative; Plane geometry – lines, Triangles, Quadrilaterals, Circles, Coordinate geometry-distance between points.
3. Statistical Ability:
Frequency distributions, Mean, Median, Mode, Standard Deviation, Correlation, simple problems on Probability
Section-C : Communication Ability
Part 1: Vocabulary
Part 2: Business and Computer terminology
Part 3: Functional Grammar
Part 4: Reading Comprehension (3 Passages)
- Based on the merit in the entrance test
- Admission into any college depends on its Recognition / Affiliation by the statutory Bodies and Option of the college exercised in counseling.
- Rule of Reservation
- Admission to 85% of seats shall be reserved for the local candidates and 15 % of the seats shall be left unreserved as specified in the AP Educational Institutions order 1974 as amended.
AP ICET 2019 Exam cities
APICET 2019 will be conducted in the following centres and candidates are given option to choose two preferences of centres of their choice from the list.
|District||Test Centre locations|
|Anantpur||ANANTAPUR, GOOTY, HINDUPUR|
|Chittoor||CHITTOOR , MADANAPALLE , PUTTUR , TIRUPATI|
|East Godavari||KAKINADA , RAJAHMUNDRY , AMALAPURAM|
|Guntur||BAPATLA , GUNTUR , NARASARAOPETA|
|Krishna||GUDLAVALLERU ,KANCHIKACHERLA ,MYLAVARAM ,VIJAYAWADA, MACHLIPATNAM|
|Prakasam||CHIRALA, MARKAPURAM, ONGOLE|
|Sri Potti Sri Ramulu Nellore||GUDUR, KAVALI, NELLORE|
|Srikakulam||RAJAM, SRIKAKULAM, TEKKALI|
|Visakhapatnam||ANAKAPALLI, ANANDAPURAM, GAJUWAKA, VISAKHAPATNAM|
|West Godavari||BHIMAVARAM, ELURU, NARASAPURAM, TADEPALLIGUDEM|
|YSR Kadapa||KADAPA, PRODDATUR, RAJAMPETA|